[Closed] Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
note-101-umbongo.jpeg
As you probably know, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 was just released and is now available to buy all over. If you're itching to get your hands on one but were wishing that maybe someone would just give you one, then you might be in luck! Lloyd decided that he is going to give one of you your very own Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!

All you have to do to enter to win is show Lloyd how much you love him by creating a bit of fan art for him. Make it funny, make it serious, but definitely make it awesome. (Bonus points if you create it on your Android phone or tablet.) Once you've got your creation, post it in the forum below and tell us a bit about it (inspiration, what you drew it on, etc) as well as why you want to win the new Galaxy Note 10.1. We'll announce the winner at the beginning of next week. Good luck!

Update to answer questions:
- Sure you can enter a couple of drawings, but please put them all in one post. And if you go crazy and enter like 50 drawings you probably won't win because that's just nutty.
- Contest is open worldwide. Usually, unless we specify US only or something, it's worldwide. :p
- I can't draw either. Winner will be picked based on creativity, originality, and whatever Lloyd likes best. We aren't judging you on your art skillz necessarily. ;)
- It doesn't have to be a portrait. Fan art can be anything really. Comics, gifs, collages, etc etc. :)

Update #2 - I'm extending the entry time a bit, so you have until Monday afternoon to get your entry in. If the thread is closed, the contest is over. ;) Great job so far everyone!

Last edited:

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Made using Markers on my N7.
Inspiration drawn from Apple temporarily blocking the sale of my beloved Galaxy Nexus.
I would love to win the new Note because of the great Wacom tech built in. I already have a slight artistic draw & this could really bring out my best!
4b429e51-f448-22d9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

vbijelovic

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Hi!

I am a classical pianist and would be using the Samsung Galaxy Note, in addition to the usual multimedia and gaming fun, to display my music - so it would look rather cool on the piano stand! That is why Lloyd is peeping over the lid of the piano - which was drawn on my Desire HD running JB using Evernote... ;)

V

aramelijah

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site

I created my drawing using Sketch Lover on my Nexus 7. My inspiration draws from the classic apple commercial, but here apple is the one being destroyed. Andy is definitely a little darker than usual, but our know c'est la vie. The tablet would be awesome because as a student it will let me explore my creativity as well as being helpful in a classroom setting. I call my drawing Crush the Infamous Thing. I hope you enjoy looking at it because I definitely enjoyed making it :D

mfortner

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I drew my Lloyd on my Samsung Galaxy Note and he looks like he is patiently waiting!

drewsammie

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Inspiration: S Memo created on my Galaxy S3 in under a minute. A silly but I think solid example of how a simple app on the great S3 running the amazing ICS can do something quick and painless.

Why: I bet I could do some more amazing things with the Note on my side as well.

Last edited:

alxrock

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I call the first one L.O.K.P. (Lloyd's Open Kang Project)
I thought it would be a fun way to go serious and funny at the same time. Gotta love AOKP!
My second entry Lloyd Knows That Feel, Bro is inspired by Chris Gerringer's "I know that feel, bro" works. I'm sure RockMan (aka MegaMan) and Lloyd can relate on an Android level. I love running emulators on my Android devices to replay the classics!
I sketched both out with pencil and paper, scanned them in and colored with Photoshop. (I suck at coloring, even with great technology).

I'd like to win this tablet because I love Android and love to create art every chance I get. The Galaxy Note would be a great way for me to go back and forth between catching up on the latest Android news on Android Central, playing games and creating fun doodles and drawings. My kids took over my sketch book, but luckily I found a blank page and a free portion of another page to create these. So having the Galaxy Note would be great to always have a blank canvas available too.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I drew Lloyd standing atop a mountain of phones/tablets daring you to be inquisitive, on my Transformer Prime. I love this tab (Since I flashed a Jelly Bean rom) but I've always been itchin' for proper stylus input. These capacitive styluses do their job, but man how I wish I could use one of those S-Pens on a screen this size. Hope you like it!

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site

Will winner be based on random draw or quality of submission? I'd love to put something in but it's clear my talents lie elsewhere (if at all).

ystokar

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Smart phone OS Olympics

My drawing is inspired by the recent Olympics. I made it on my laptop with the GIMP b/c i don't have a tablet yet (hint hint)
Love the site by the way... keep up the good work!

Last edited:

VyprNoch

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

My inspiration was the ongoing Samsung vs Apple case and I wanted to draw something that showed the awesomeness of Android. Hence this. I draw this on paper as my Motorola Milestone would be too small for something like this. The Note 10.1 will be useful to me in designing the mechanical parts I study especially the S-Pen would give me much more options. I realized value of S-Pen now when I was trying to color my drawing only to realize that mouse would be to hard for me to color it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke