[Open] Day 2: Win a registration invite for Google I/O!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumble

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
My favorite announcement was the Nexus Q. The hardware was interesting, but I knew with that announcement we were going to see a new way for media consumption that was going to make sharing content easier.

anon(4941605)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My favorite announcement was at I/O in 2012 when Google announced Android 4.1 Jellybean. It was when Android performance was finally taken seriously by the Android Dev team.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
At the time it was the Nexus Q. Everyone thought was going to revolutionize the home, and though it didn't quite turn out that way, it was pretty exciting then.

djdosage

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
My favorite by far had to be Google Glass

OK, folks. It's time to give away some more registration invites for this year's Google I/O developer conference, June 25-26 in San Francisco.

To be clear, these codes will not get you into Google I/O for free. You'll still have to pony up the $900 general-admission fee, and find your own way to San Francisco. (See this page for complete details on that.) But for many, the financial and geographical hurdles are the easy part ? actually being able to register was what's hard. So, we're happy to help Google help you.

For today's contest, just leave a post in this thread telling us your favorite announcement from a previous Google I/O. Maybe it's the Nexus Q. Or Google Glass. Or Google Play Services. Something. Anything. Let's hear it.

We'll leave this open through noon EDT Friday, then pick five winners at random. (Note that winners from Thursday's entries won't be eligible to win again, and you need only enter once here.)

Good luck!

Sean Kelly2

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
By far my two Favorites are Google Glass and ChromeCast. ChromeCast because it represents a device that just plain works; simple effective and useful. Google Glass because it shows that the company is looking forward to the future and continues to innovate.

Josh Ruesch

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I think that Google I/O last year was a huge shift away from consumers towards Android developers. Instead of just focusing on new hardware and software features for consumers, a lot of announcements were geared towards giving developers better tools and services. Google Play services is an innovative way to ensure access to the latest version of many APIs and services regardless of Android OS version. I also really liked the release of Android Studio as it further solidified Google's commitment to the developer community. Google seems to finally be pushing for maturity and quality of the platform rather than reaping up as much market share as it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34