[Open] Day 2: Win a registration invite for Google I/O!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK, folks. It's time to give away some more registration invites for this year's Google I/O developer conference, June 25-26 in San Francisco.

To be clear, these codes will not get you into Google I/O for free. You'll still have to pony up the $900 general-admission fee, and find your own way to San Francisco. (See this page for complete details on that.) But for many, the financial and geographical hurdles are the easy part ? actually being able to register was what's hard. So, we're happy to help Google help you.

For today's contest, just leave a post in this thread telling us your favorite announcement from a previous Google I/O. Maybe it's the Nexus Q. Or Google Glass. Or Google Play Services. Something. Anything. Let's hear it.

We'll leave this open through noon EDT Friday, then pick five winners at random. (Note that winners from Thursday's entries won't be eligible to win again, and you need only enter once here.)

Good luck!

albert1park

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My favorite announcement was Google Play Services. Google is now separating the updates possible which are not dependent on carrier and hardware company updates, bringing its updates and new APIs to the developers in a much faster fashion. :cool:

twentygb

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I remember the Google Glass announcement and the sky dives. That was spectacular. When the bike riders were jumping over the rooftop hurdles, I could literally feel it with the Glass perspective. I think that was one of my favorite I/O announcements.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
for me it was oddly enough tablet announcement and having a tablet OS design as I was not nor am I an iOS fan. When they announced that things really got better than just being this phone OS.

gerrynjr

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
For me, it was the Nexus Q. It was a truly unique piece of hardware. Unfortunately, the feature-set and price were off.
I wasnt able to attend that Google I/O, but I was able to find one on eBay recently. Flashed with Cyanogenmod, the Q is pretty awesome. (nevermind the built in amplifier) It has become my "Android TV" by taking over full streaming duty.

(Which, BTW, will be awesome if announced this year)

deadlyfluvirus

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it was Google I/O 2010, when they introduced the Nexus One. Talk about a device that just plain-old reshaped the industry and sky-rocketed the Android ecosystem.

John Larson2

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I just love to use Google play.:D I can play my music anywhere,;) on any device that connects to the internet. :cool:I even use it as my main player on my Iphone. :p

Drk90

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
The nexus 7. I've used it daily for class purposes and comics to keep storage space on my phone. Great battery life. But I do hope the nexus 8 is announced this year. Second favorite for sure would be hangouts.

Pranjal Desai

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
One of my favorite announcement was Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Though it was only teased at IO but I believe that changed Android and made it what it is today. On the other hand Google Now was one small update to jelly bean but a giant leap for Android, Android Wear and Glass. BEST and my personal favorite was last years' because that was my first IO and I learned a lot. Android Studio is one of the best things that happened that IO. Starting to give the developers the right tools is all I care about. :)

ramy68

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think the best announcement of I/O 2013 was Android Studio. This was Google giving the developers better tools, (that they needed) to provide users better applications and in turn, a better overall Android experience.

billville

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
For me it would have to be the announcement of the Nexus 7 at Google IO 2012. That made me so happy to be an Android user and stick with it from day one. I had always hoped they'd make their own tablet, and when that came out all my dreams came true!

Oh and.......Pick me Pick me!! lol

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My favorite part of Google I/O is always "What's new in Android developer tools", but in 2013 I loved the developer video they made up. It got everybody in the room super excited to be a dev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc