[Closed] Win one of five VR for G3 visors —*and a phone to go with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it will be interesting to see what gaming possibilities will come with these headsets. From being able to look around virtual worlds and see more than just what is directly in front. 3D gaming will never be the same...

andydd

May 28, 2014
Visit site
What amazes me about VR is what it's been used for outside of consumer use. From soldier training to remote surgery, VR has done some awesome stuff for the world.

Posted via the Android Central App on my 2014 Moto X

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It's funny. What will make our minds nearly explode now. Then i look at my kids and think what will their "VR" be.

(please pick me to win....pretty pretty please!)

~David

herlindosan

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
What excites me most is giving my kids the power to see other parts of the world and how different people live. And how big this world really is.

Posted via the Android Central App

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Please include me in the contest if available outside of the US (here in Canada), thanks!

Initially, I thought all I'd want with VR is games. However, I'm starting to really think about all of the other ways I could be productive with the ability to simulate different environments and work places. The idea of watching a movie while feeling like I'm in a theatre is great, especially when I'm travelling. Being able to pack the head gear when I already have the phone and all of it's processing power in my pocket... the possibilities seem endless.

What starts to excite me even more is the concept of better AR, like HoloLens. As odd as it is, I keep thinking about how productive I could be. Think about this scenario: you sit at your desk and all you have is a mouse and keyboard, and you're wearing the hololens. You can now overlay 2, 3, 4, 10 monitors virtually above your keyboard and around your workspace. You can have them floating with a fixed position, different sizes in different spaces that wouldn't really be possible with physical monitors. 1 monitor could be streaming the sports game, another with your media player for music, another with a dashboard of your calendar, current weather, time, etc., whatever you want! Being able to interact with the keyboard and mouse while actually SEEING them while you interact, that seems to be where AR exceeds VR in capabilities. I can't imagine it would be a great experience trying to be productive when you can't see your hands for long periods of time.

Anyway, good luck to all!

mr_chen

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
G3 is supposed to have the best picture. I really love photosphere on android. If you could see your photosphere with your VR, it would be really fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz