[Closed (finally)] Guess Phil's data bill at Mobile World Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
thumb_550_phil-mwc.jpg

It's tough enough that Mobile World Congress is at least six time zones away for everyone in the United States. But for our intrepid bloggers, it means long days and many miles at the Fira de Barcelona, long nights at events, parties and the occasional, erm, entertainment venue.

And all the while, I've been pulling down data like I never left, thanks to AT&T's roaming in Europe.

Let's have a little fun. I'm going to writing a big fat check to AT&T as soon as I get back. And if you can guess how big or little I end up spending on data here in Spain, I'll send you a free case or charger from the Android Central Store.

Leave your guess here. I'll let you know how bad it is just as soon as I know.

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll guess $1,507.98. Really Phil, you need to use a local SIM for data, you can use SkypeIn and conditional call forwarding to forward your US number to your current local number. I do this all the time when traveling internationally, it really helps save a lot of money (and I'm on Sprint so I don't have a int. roaming option anyway).

joski

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Should've got a Call In Europe SIM card!

$2500.00 is my guess, if you just left for Europe without an international package.

UKJeeper

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Assuming this is open to non US entrants...

$650

( i will be in L.A next month so you can send it there if i win!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.