05-02-2011 04:13 AM
50 12

When: Monday May 9, 8PM
    Where: An "Iconic" San Francisco art gallery. This part is a secret
    What: Lookout is throwing a big party in San Francisco the first night of Google I/O. Note: Tickets or passes to Google I/O itself are not part of this giveaway -- this is for the party itself. There will be a whole lot of fun, a whole lot of food courtesy of Le Truc catering (I hear the pulled pork tacos are amazazing), and free drinks *ears perked*

Lookout has provided 20 tickets for us to give away for this one, and it looks like it's going to be the best way ever to spend a Monday night.

You'll need to be able to actually be in San Francisco Monday, May 9 -- so please, don't enter if you can't or won't. Let people who can use them win, and karma will catch you next time

This contest is open to adults only, there's gonna be booze. You have been warned.

The contest will run until Sunday, May 1 at 11:59 EST. To enter, leave a post here telling how much you'd like to party with Lookout and friends, and I'll pick 20 replies at random, then send the winners contact info to get in touch with Lookout for the details. This means you'll have to have registered here at Android Central with a real email address, one that you check

Good luck, and party on, Garth!
    04-26-2011 04:54 PM
    Yes please!
    04-26-2011 05:34 PM
    Hello there my fellow Android enthusiasts! Very excited about
    attending the Google I/O for my first time. Feeling very fortunate to
    be going considering the sellout. I was one of those who didn't know
    they were going until a week later when I received an email that my
    spot was being saved. What a Valentine's Day gift (when the email
    showed up from Google I/O)!

Okay, so short and to the point (why I am writing). I am an avid user
    of all things Google and have been using Android phones since the OG
    Droid rolled out in November. Moto Droid, Eris, LG Optimus V, and my
    long term stable Dinc! Got it on the first day April 29 and loving it
    ever since. Stock, Custom, Rooted and Non-Rooted...I have tried it
    all. I also have been utilizing the Lookout Mobile Security since it
    rolled out and find it to be the best of them all.

So, hard sell here (not really)...I would love to be considered for
    the passes to the Lookout Mobile Security Party. Won't be the
    proverbial "fly on the wall" as I am an extrovert by nature.

Either way, I look forward to meeting you all. May 9, 10, or
    11....sure to be a memorable time.
    04-26-2011 05:35 PM
    I am going to be releasing an android game, my first one, and will be in town for Google I/O I would love to start the trip off right Yes Please! Pick me!
    04-26-2011 05:39 PM
    I'm hoping to have my app ready for release in time for I/O as well and this would be a great way to celebrate!
    04-26-2011 05:57 PM
    While I'm suspicious that AC will even get 20 replies in here because IO sold out so quickly, I'd love to hang out and party on the 9th. I'll get a colleague of mine to get himself an account here as well and post a follow-up since we're carpooling up to the Bay area early on the 9th. I'm always interested in meeting fellow developers, especially Android enthusiasts.
    04-26-2011 06:00 PM

My first Google I/O trip and hoping to make it a memorable one with a Giants baseball game Tuesday night and a Lookout party on Monday? Who said work had to be so serious anyways. I would be honored to be selected as a guest and the networking would be great headed into I/O.

04-26-2011 06:03 PM
    Iam was born and raised in the bay area and iam totally looking forward to going back down and visit friends and family. And I get to hang out with Lookout! I would love to win!
    04-26-2011 06:04 PM
    Would love to check it out, should be a fun google io!
    04-26-2011 06:04 PM
    I love lookout! Thanks for keeping my phones safe! Lets have some fun!
    04-26-2011 06:09 PM
    would love to party with lookout! I am a 2nd year I/O attendee and love the extended activities that take place during the event. i use lookout and use/recommended it to all my smartphone friends! Should be a great I/O Event this year
    04-26-2011 06:14 PM
    This will be my first IO and I would love to meet other Android lovers. I fly in mid-day on the 9th and I don't have anything planned that night (no boot camp love for me).

04-26-2011 06:17 PM
    Company I work for has an app out, that is just getting started, would be awesome to get to know more Android developers! Though I couldn't get tickets to I/O, at least I could get a party!
    04-26-2011 06:21 PM

I would love to party with you guys!!! I've supported your app since day 1 and would love the chance to help you kick off Google I/O week the right way!!

please pick meeeeeeeee
    04-26-2011 06:40 PM

To enter, leave a post here telling how much you'd like to party with Lookout and friends, and I'll pick 20 replies at random, then send the winners contact info to get in touch with Lookout for the details. This means you'll have to have registered here at Android Central with a real email address, one that you check

Good luck, and party on, Garth!
    Party On Wayne ! ^_~

Oh the memories..

Warmest Greetings,

My Husband and I live in rainy but beautiful Portland, Oregon, only a stones throw away from San Francisco. I've never been to SF all these many years, even though my Sweetie has been there for business several times for Tech Conferences. It's been a dream of mine as long as I can remember, and yet somehow I've only ever managed to get as close as Sacramento! My Husband and I are both proud & pleased Droid Owners! I have the "fantabulous", Droid X and he has the "smiletastic", HTC Incredible! He is also the Systems Architect for our County here, and has coincidentally been recently reviewing some of the new Google Apps for rollout consideration. I'm sure he could offer much in the way of informed feedback about the new 'Anti Virus' App from a 'local government' perspective to the Lookout Team, if we were given the opportunity to attend.

All in all it sounds like a great time, and a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the unique AV App Lookout has worked so hard to develop for Android!

My appreciation to the entire Android Team for your unflagging efforts & dedication to quality. We wouldn't own an IPhone if someone paid us to use one! Our tech loyalty & enthusiasm remains with Android! Keep up the fantastic work!!

Many thanks for your consideration. Enjoy your day!
    04-26-2011 06:41 PM
    Going to I/O love to party first!!
    04-26-2011 06:47 PM
    I would be a perfect candidate for one of these tickets . . .

Android enthusiast: check
    Food enthusiast: check
    Art gallery enthusiast: check
    Party enthusiast: check
    Pork-eater: check
    Booze-drinker: check (especially when provided for free)
    Lookout user: check
    Wayne's World enthusiast: check

Plus I will actually be driving up to San Francisco on the morning of the 9th with some colleagues. They would be so jealous if I win (we all work with one of the largest tech companies in the world - i.e. we are total geeks).
    04-26-2011 06:47 PM
    Sounds like a blast. I might as well enjoy some time with additional geeks while in the Bay area!
    04-26-2011 06:50 PM
    I work in Sprint's business division as an Android OS and device SME and am constantly testing and blogging about new devices. Anytime I get a new device to use, I load Appbrain first which invariably loads Lookout since it's tied to my profile. I always recommend Lookout to our sales engineers and customers and use it myself on my personal devices always. With the concerns around viruses and malware in Android Market, Lookout is a great tool to deal with those types of threats. It would be great to meet the team behind this top tier application when I'm out at I/O this year!
    04-26-2011 06:55 PM
    Hellz yeah, I would love to party with Lookout and Google! Let's do this!
    04-26-2011 07:00 PM
    Yes, I've love a pass!
    04-26-2011 07:24 PM
    I'm super stoked to go to this party. I'll be at I/O for the third consecutive year. STOKED. Those of you coming to SF for the first time are going to love it.
    04-26-2011 07:26 PM
    Greetings. Please consider this my entry as I love to party every day but rarely do because of my studies. I also like android very much.
    04-26-2011 07:31 PM
    I have never won anything from AC. I would love to win this!. Please pick me guys!
    04-26-2011 07:59 PM
    I wanna go so I can say "lookout, lookout, wherever you are!?!?" Then have them go find my phone using the software because I had just hid my phone on purpose. After that, I have been known to knock back Jagermiester at will....and swig Coors Light with ease. PLEASE LET ME GO!!!
    04-26-2011 08:14 PM
50 12