I tested positive for covid-19

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I was scheduled for dental surgery today so I was tested last week and I was shocked to get a positive results.
I have no symptoms, in fact I feel like a million bucks.
The only time I was sick was last February and it was brutal but I never got tested because it wasn't available do once I recovered I didn't worry.
Thankfully I believe in masks and gloves so I hope I didn't infect anyone but there's no way to know.
My man didn't get tested, we're assuming he's positive and he'll get tested when I get my retest, we're both in quarantine.
The scariest part is how good and normal I feel. I had no way to even suspect that I could be infected. Surgery is rescheduled for January 15.
Please wear your masks. Wear gloves in grocery stores. It's not about you if you feel healthy, it's about the next person who could literally be killed by a hug or a handshake.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Please dont wear gloves. Gloves are for a specific task and then to be discarded. Wearing them from one location to another multiple times is cross-contaminating. You're safer just washing and sanitizing your hands regularly. Good luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please dont wear gloves. Gloves are for a specific task and then to be discarded. Wearing them from one location to another multiple times is cross-contaminating. You're safer just washing and sanitizing your hands regularly. Good luck.

That's an excellent point.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I discard the gloves in the trash when i exit the store and take a new pair for each different place i must visit. No cross contamination.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
In grocery stores I use disposable hand wipes on the cart handles - cover the handles and place my hands on the wipes - then dispose the wipes when I return the cart. I only use a cart for heavy items - else I bring my own hand bag.

And I complain to store managers that allow people into the store without a face mask - I don't care about their HIPPA policies - my health, and others is important.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I like the handwipes too.
I confess to having the worst hostility towards anti maskers. I don't buy the "i can't breathe with a mask on" BS.
My surgeon operated on me for 18.5 hours straight, he wore his mask the entire time, he does it everyday. These days women give birth while wearing masks, don't tell me masks hinder breathing, that's a complete lie.
There's only one reason to refuse to wear a mask in public, and that's selfishness, pure and simple.
Entitlement. The "because I can" ugly American mentality.
I will never be able to summon a nonagram of respect for anti maskers.

And don't get me started on people who don't wash their hands. I'd get banned for voicing my sadistic fantasies ;)

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I confess to having the worst hostility towards anti maskers. I don't buy the "i can't breathe with a mask on" BS.
My surgeon operated on me for 18.5 hours straight, he wore his mask the entire time, he does it everyday. These days women give birth while wearing masks, don't tell me masks hinder breathing, that's a complete lie.
There's only one reason to refuse to wear a mask in public, and that's selfishness, pure and simple.

And don't get me started on people who don't wash their hands. I'd get banned for voicing my sadistic fantasies ;)
Speaking of medical offices my wife is a dental hygienist.

The standards of ppe that they have to wear since the cleaning aerosolizes bacteria in the mouth is a N95 with a surgical mask over it, a facesheild, gown, cap and booties, gloves.

If she can wear that all day and breath OK surely folks can survive 30 minutes in the grocery store right?

That's a looong surgery. I hope you are doing well afterwards!

Not a picture of my wife, but pretty much how she is dressed these days for work :)

4a25bf3041819d2053e487e69f203121.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

There are respiratory conditions where wearing a mask would be detrimental. Having said that... people with those types of difficulties they probably shouldn't venture out.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of medical offices my wife is a dental hygienist.

The standards of ppe that they have to wear since the cleaning aerosolizes bacteria in the mouth is a N95 with a surgical mask over it, a facesheild, gown, cap and booties, gloves.

If she can wear that all day and breath OK surely folks can survive 30 minutes in the grocery store right?

That's a looong surgery. I hope you are doing well afterwards!

Not a picture of my wife, but pretty much how she is dressed these days for work :)

4a25bf3041819d2053e487e69f203121.jpg

It was a triple spinal repair, i really got myself all busted up over the years. It worked beautifully, i have no back pain. I've got all kinds of other pains but my back is sound.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
It was a triple spinal repair, i really got myself all busted up over the years. It worked beautifully, i have no back pain. I've got all kinds of other pains but my back is sound.
Awesome! Glad to hear the the surgery went well. To paraphrase Jay-Z "I got ninety-nine problems but a back ain't one." :)

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am sorry you are positive. Good luck and stay well. But your post states the point, if you don't wear a mask and are asymptomatic then the risk is to other people. Get well soon.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Drumroll please...............

I TESTED NEGATIVE, I FOUND THIS MORNING, WOOHOO!!!

So dental surgery is a go for the 15th.
It'll hurt a megaton for about a month and then I'll no more dental pain for the rest of my life and I'll be able to eat anything I want.

But that means I still mask up in public places. I have no idea if I can still make anyone sick plus right now these days, not wearing a mask (unless exceptions I know) i a frankly disgusting thing to do.

But wow, finally some good news 😁

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's great! If you're negative, you're not contagious -- but it's obviously still very prudent to mask up when out and about.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Drumroll please...............

I TESTED NEGATIVE, I FOUND THIS MORNING, WOOHOO!!!

So dental surgery is a go for the 15th.
It'll hurt a megaton for about a month and then I'll no more dental pain for the rest of my life and I'll be able to eat anything I want.

But that means I still mask up in public places. I have no idea if I can still make anyone sick plus right now these days, not wearing a mask (unless exceptions I know) i a frankly disgusting thing to do.

But wow, finally some good news 😁

Local hospital CEO recently recovered from Covid and declared he would no longer wear a mask because he's got antibodies and can no longer spread it. Following week he was let go as CEO.

I also COVID, don't see a point in wearing a mask anymore but I do to prevent public backlash against me. Really not that inconvenient to mask up so I just go with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the attitude about how it's not a real inconvenience to mask up, so thanks for that!:) I would mention 2 caveats about what you said, though:

1. We're still not entirely sure how many people who have recovered could still potentially be a carrier and therefore spread the virus (and if so, for how long); and

2. We're still not sure how long effective natural immunity lasts after being infected, so although you may be protected for the immediate future, you may not know when that immunity might wane.

So until we have more definitive evidence about those issues, and until we get a large part of the population vaccinated, I agree that it's still prudent to take these easy precautions.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm a preschool educator and am deemed an essential worker, so though we are in lockdown in Ontario, I am still working. I wear a surgical mask (so-called, anyway) and a face shield all day - about eight and a half hours a day. I'm finally used to it but you gotta do what you gotta do. Plus, when a kid sneezes in my face (happened today), at least I'm protected!

Because of how seriously I take this virus thing, and the fact that I deem my job to be dangerous now, I feel like everyone should do their part by wearing masks and washing hands. We all have to do unpleasant things now. We just have to do our best. So like you say - 30 minutes of wearing a mask in a grocery store shouldn't be a big deal to people.

I am so happy that you tested negative! That's wonderful! Keep us posting on how you are doing and how your dental surgery goes!

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations on getting a negative result! Awesome news.

I'm one that will wear a mask while out and about around the genteel public. Now around my close group of friends, no. We are all on the same page as far as staying aware. I'm a seasonal asthmatic and can breathe pretty much without any issue and I live in the South. Masks have never have me an issue to date. Used to wear one on occasion at work as well, zero issue back then.

I personally do not want to get anyone sick nor vice-versa. It's just a responsible and respectful thing to do. We still do not know how contagious these new strains are. The newer ones are more deadly it looks. My state is infiltrated with it.

Everyone please stay safe...😊😷

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have mild asthma. Used to be severe as a kid. But I always wear a mask. My friend with COPD wears a mask. I don't want to get covid as I am high risk for getting a bad reaction to it and after spending 3 weeks in ICU in 2019 attached via tracheostomy to a ventilator, I never want to go through that again. So I mask up, stay indoors as much as possible and hope against hope I will avoid this thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad