I had the surgery!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Surgery was Friday, I have no memory of the past 3 days, I'm on painkillers but everything is going really well.
Even though I'm freshly post op, I can already tell it was a complete success.
They've pulled out all remaining 23 teeth , rebuilt the lower and upper arches, installed 6 titanium posts in the upper and 4 in the lower and installed 2 full arches of perfect teeth.

My mouth collapsed because of bad dental work in childhood, they pulled out too many teeth to make room for braces and it didn't work it caused my palate to snap like a shutting umbrella into the nasal cavity, so I couldn't breathe through my nose while lying down.
Also because what they did to me as a kid was so traumatic, as soon as I was an adult I skipped dental care altogether.
I also had pain constantly in all remaining roots.
It's been several days and I can blissfully breathe through my nose while lying down, and since there are no more roots, there's no more pain.
The set of teeth I have now is temporary, super lightweight to allow the posts to heal.
I have to be very careful and stay on soft mushy foods for 6 months, that's the annoying part.
But in 6 months, I get the permanent set of teeth, and those will bite, feel and look exactly like natural teeth.
It's basically permanently implanted dentures made of zirconia.

Future dental visits will be super easy: only my dentist will be able to remove them for checking and cleaning otherwise it'll just be like real teeth... But GOOD teeth.

For now my face looks like roadkill but I am so stoked. The team of surgeons and nurses was beyond awesome.

Attachments

• 317.jpg
    317.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 25

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Surgery was Friday, I have no memory of the past 3 days, I'm on painkillers but everything is going really well.
Even though I'm freshly post op, I can already tell it was a complete success.
They've pulled out all remaining 23 teeth , rebuilt the lower and upper arches, installed 6 titanium posts in the upper and 4 in the lower and installed 2 full arches of perfect teeth.

My mouth collapsed because of bad dental work in childhood, they pulled out too many teeth to make room for braces and it didn't work it caused my palate to snap like a shutting umbrella into the nasal cavity, so I couldn't breathe through my nose while lying down.
Also because what they did to me as a kid was so traumatic, as soon as I was an adult I skipped dental care altogether.
I also had pain constantly in all remaining roots.
It's been several days and I can blissfully breathe through my nose while lying down, and since there are no more roots, there's no more pain.
The set of teeth I have now is temporary, super lightweight to allow the posts to heal.
I have to be very careful and stay on soft mushy foods for 6 months, that's the annoying part.
But in 6 months, I get the permanent set of teeth, and those will bite, feel and look exactly like natural teeth.
It's basically permanently implanted dentures made of zirconia.

Future dental visits will be super easy: only my dentist will be able to remove them for checking and cleaning otherwise it'll just be like real teeth... But GOOD teeth.

For now my face looks like roadkill but I am so stoked. The team of surgeons and nurses was beyond awesome.
Oh I am so glad it went well. Sorry for the pain. I hope it passes soon. Looking good.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone 😊
This week has been rough, the chemicals they used in surgery really did a number on me, I have been nauseous all week and physically very weak.
But the care team I have is over the top.
My service dog Néroli has worked 24/7 to keep me calm and my partner suddenly doubles up as Superman x super nurse so I am very very lucky. It'll probably take another 2 weeks for me to feel more like myself but I'm hopeful. However since I know I'm not the only old geezer with crappy teeth, if any of you ever need this type of surgery, it's really a life changer.
Going back to sleep now. ☺️

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Wow. You've been through a helluva lot, and it's terrible what dentists did when you were young. Extraordinary that it collapsed.

I see you're posting regularly so I was wondering if you had the permanent fix yet..
No need to reply if you want to finally put it behind you.

My best wishes.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc