I got an Incredible with the thinking I would give it to my wife when my next upgrade happens in November. I want one of the 4+" screen phones because my 3+" thumbs can't work a 3.7" portrait keyboard.
    I was going to give the Incredible to my wife.
    Then I started to think, could she even find out how to make a phone call with it?
    Now don't get me wrong, I love my wife, but she is one of those technologically challenged people. She doesn't even understand the difference between email and the internet. Cutting and pasting are way above her pay grade.

So I am now wondering if my idea of the Incredible for her was a good idea.
    I can just hear the complaints I will get when she gets lost in some menu.
    05-09-2010 12:24 PM
    The beauty of Android is customization. Take this time to setup the phone so she'll never have to visit a menu. Put frequently used shortcuts right on the home screen. Create shortcuts to the most frequently dialed numbers, etc.

Also, one thing I told my wife when I got her the Hero...the "menu" button is your friend. If you are ever stuck trying to find a button or link or anything in an app and don't see it, train her to always reach for the menu button. Chances are the thing you're looking for is there.

And the last tip which is helpful is to use the "back" button when finished with any app. Most people have a conception of having to close an app when done with it, so they look for the close button. Android doesn't have that...it uses the back button to "back out of" the app.

Once she knows those couple of tricks, the rest should come easy.
    05-09-2010 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD