Why switch from an iPhone 4 to Android smartphone?

rojo99

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've got an iPhone 4 now, and the iPhone 5 should be out soon, but I'm looking at the market share, and it's clearly appearing that the Android OS smartphones are becoming the dominant solution.

So, can you people explain to me the benefits of having an Android smartphone versus and iPhone 4/5?

One person told me that there is a much higher percentage of free applications for the Android versus what's available in the Apple AppStore.

I have a MacBook Pro, and definitely won't be changing that, so consideration of synching and other tools for the Mac is important.

Thanks.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
+1 on the lack of iTunes. I use a lot of Google apps and guess which platform has the best support for them? Probably the Chrome browser, but Android is a close second ;)

You can find an Android phone with whatever features you want. If you want a physical keyboard, a larger screen, a 3D screen and camera, 4G, etc. you're covered. Don't like something about the iPhone? Hope it comes out in the next release.

Add to that a huge ROMs community for customizations and themes and it's the right platform for me.

But your mileage may differ. With an iPhone you don't need to think, Apple will do that for you. Some people find that comforting.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
to me android 2.3.4 runs faster on my captivate then ios 5 did on my iphone 4 (althought that was beta) and there is a whole lot more customization and cool things to do with and on your android :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs