Sense-based ROM on HP Touchpad?

rodohmes

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from an EVO 4G running MikG and really like the Sense feel (which I know isn't for everyone). I'm really new to rooting & customizing and was curious: if I found a ROM from a Sense-based tablet (like the Flyer or View) could I flash it on my Touchpad? Or will it crash and burn and make me want to kick myself a thousand times?...

sent from my Android HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I think CM7 works on it which means that MIUI isn't far behind. MIUI does have an annoying habit of using CM7 code and then not releasing their own, but it may still be worth looking into.

rodohmes

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think CM7 works on it which means that MIUI isn't far behind. MIUI does have an annoying habit of using CM7 code and then not releasing their own, but it may still be worth looking into.

I should have been more clear, sorry. I have CM7 Alpha 2 on my Touchpad already (which makes is sooo much more useable), along with Clockwork Recovery (via the CM7 install process). I'm just curious if flashing a Sense-based tablet ROM would wreck things or if it would work.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You'd need to find a Sense-based ROM that works on the TouchPad - considering Sense is HTC-proprietary I doubt you'll find one unless the tablet shares a lot with a standard Android phone. However, MIUI is often compared to Sense and, as it's CM7-based, has a much better chance of running on the TouchPad.

Ace9988

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Sense isn't proprietary because the source code is open and available to download. Neither are we selling it because it is just an unofficial port... Otherwise HTC wouldn't be happy with the ports on the gs2.
The touchpad would be capable of it since its CHIPSET and GPU is part of the same family that is used on the HTC jetsream...... What's left is to see who can help us get it over on the touchpad

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1397602

we've been talking about this subject on xda aswell...either honeycomb or ics sense would be nice to see

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol