What Smartphone did you leave for android?

What Smartphone / PDA did you leave for android?

• Total voters

carnadi88

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Came from the original Curve. I absolutly loved that phone and said that I would only stick to Blackberry's from now on. When I heard about the Droid I was already planning to get the Storm 2. The more I learned about the Droid I realized that this was the phone for me. I love open source (I use Ubuntu on one of my laptops) and could not pass on an open source phone.

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I, too, came from a BB device. I had a Curve. It makes sense that there are many BB users switching. Usually you will get a lot of customers with the same carrier buying a new phone. Before the Droid, it seems that the BBs were the best smartphones that Verizon had to offer. Hence, the many BB users switching to the newest, best smartphone in the Verizon arsenal.

I was debating switching to AT&T for the iPhone, but I heard rumors that iPhone was coming to Verizon in 2010. I really didn't want to leave the Verizon network, so I decided to wait. I was very close to getting a Tour or a Storm2, but then I heard about the Droid coming. After reading about it, I was hooked and knew that would be the phone for me - no need waiting for a possible Verizon iPhone with the Droid being released.

stingray389

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Came from a storm 1. Blackberries are good devices, but a little too business oriented for me. I'm curious if how the OS will turn out now that RIM is publicly saying they will support newer standards such as Open GL.

jdella681

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think the blackberries r superb phones.. I think I just got sick of using the same os (I had the curve, tour, and storm) and the themes weren't really too much for me.. I think I just needed a change. Hopefully for the better.. so far so good, love the browser on this thing!

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
RAZRrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I've never had a smart phone... Heck, I've never even owned an iPod (I think I'm the only one who hasn't)... Its so nice to finally get evreything I've wanted in a phone.

i <3 my Droid.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
RAZRrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I've never had a smart phone... Heck, I've never even owned an iPod (I think I'm the only one who hasn't)... Its so nice to finally get evreything I've wanted in a phone.

i <3 my Droid.

WOW lol I didn't know anyone even used those anymore lol ;) Enjoy the phone!

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I came from a blackberry bold. I didn't think that I'd ever bother with another phone, but after having to endure at&t's bad service (at least in my area) I switched to Verizon as soon as the droid became available.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BB Storm introduced me to smart phones. Before then I was fine with any dumb phone as long as it made a phone call reliably I was happy. I thought I was addicted to my blackberry after I got it but I realized I was actually addicted to smart phones and quickly came to realize the limits of the Blackberry. I just purchased the Droid on opening day after hearing so much about android, and I couldn't be happier. The Droid is so much more consumer friendly than the Blackberry could ever be.

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Nokia -> Nokia -> Nokia -> Nokia 5310 -> Nokia 5800 -> GSM Hero

Finally made the break :)

I managed to be near the front of the queue on launch day of the Nokia 5800 touchscreen in London and because of that they gave away free tickets to a music festival in spain - sold them on ebay for ?450 and used that money to buy the Hero

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae