Lost: Who Else Was Disappointed? <SPOiLIER ALERT>

bananaslug613

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It was my second favorite series finale after Six Feet Under. There was no possible way for them to answer every single question. By not answering them, they actually helped to nurture debate and helped to underline the basic theme of the entire show.

licotto

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I liked it! Ya, there were things unanswered, but I seem to like it that way. It will get you to re-watch the series and come up with YOUR OWN ideas -and that I REALLY LIKE!!!!

It was the same for me when Battlestar Galactica ended -there were questions you could still ask, but it left you...satisfied.

Mull it over a bit, you may end up liking it too!

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I personally liked it. The people that don't like it were way more interested in the questions the island posed throughout the entire series (which is very understandable) - but the writers/producers have always stated that it was about the characters and their journey. The finale gave perfect closure to that side of the story and was well written in my opinion - and they left a lot of the island questions open for interpretation, which I think is fun - rather than at the end of the shows the producers being in front of a whiteboard explaining everything in detail.

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
kinda weak for me....all that time and I was just sitting there like that's it????? Great. Lol. I didn't like it...could of ended with such a biger boom...too feel good for me, too. Oh well.....

mikie_s

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i had mixed feelings when i watched the finale, it was really moving and frankly beautiful, but i was so mad because the characters only found happiness after they died, they couldn't get over their problems and mistakes in life. plus the series always had the philosophical debate of science and faith and in it almost every phenomenon that occurred had a scientific explanation, which i found very convincing and suddenly they end the series in a very spiritual way.

Then i thought it was a very unfair finale because the characters never found happiness while they were alive and no one really knows if the afterlife really exists (we'll have to wait til we die to find out), so i couldn't bring myself to think Hey they found peace and joy in the afterlife.

I just really would have liked to see the few that remained alive to have a really good life after all they went through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34