Rant: Stop Being Cheap!

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know where to post this but I needed to. I'm tired of the App Store getting the good apps first but they will continue to until Android users stop being cheap bastards! Developers write for iOS first because it has been shown that far more iOS users buy apps than android users do. We want everything for free. I have an example. It's what caused me to post this.
a6fa4fcd-e7cb-f58b.jpg
a6fa4fcd-e7da-4692.jpg

Here we see the comments on an extremely well done live wallpaper. Its the NHL 3D live wallpaper. It says in the description of the free app that if you want to unlock your teams flag it is $1.99 or you can unlock all teams for $4.99. That is very reasonable for such a nice wallpaper but there's all these people ing and moaning about how it's a rip off and its not free or if you go into more comments you'll see people saying they've been "tricked" because the app itself is free. People, don't rate one star unless there is something wrong with the app. Every single bad review I read for this wallpaper was saying it was a rip off. There is nothing wrong with the app yet it has an average rating of 3.3 stars because some people are just cheap bastards. I see now why we have to wait forever sometimes to get awesome apps that iOS has had for a long time. That being said, I feel that Android Central members are of the higher caliber Android user usually so this might not make a difference here. Sorry guys but that drove me crazy.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: anon(558804)

dewmik

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Sven that is a great point. Sadly people are that way. They want something for nothing but then when they come up with an idea they want paid for it. What makes someone think that others don't have financial obligations and should give away their time and talents. I applaud the developers that come up with these ideas. That is simply the true spirit of entrepreneurship. If a developer finds a way to earn income that's awesome.
I saw on another board that someone wanted an app to eliminated the advertisement on free apps. To me that is the same as steeling. If you want it that bad in some way shape or form you have to pay for it. If someone has an idea, puts time, thought and effort into that idea it is theirs to chose what it's worth and how to receive compensation. As the consumer it is your choice to use the product or service and pay for it or not!
On the same "other board" I saw a thread about a way around paying for tethering Internet and avoiding the fees. It is an option and service offered by the provider and to work around that is steeling. Sadly when I asked the admin about it he said that the board was open to ideas. I won't return to the board.