HTC EVO 4G or MOTO DROID X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Had to go Evo, because I'm addicted to SenseUI. All things considered, I still want Legend lol.

And to add, let's keep this thread friendly mmk? :)

Last edited:

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about this all day-

Finally I came to the conclusion the EVO is the phone for me for several reasons:
-Shiny/mirrored screen/bezel on the X looks positively unreadable
-Motoblur/ninja blur sucks, I really have not been impressed with it. It seems to clutter android in a way sense does not.
-No front camera, seriously Moto, boo.
-Verizon is fraking expensive.
-No kickstand ;)

Note I didn't include 4G because I want/need/use it (that and it isn't available here).

/* EDIT- Yes I know I could simply disable moto/ninja blur, but my point (badly made though it was) was that I actually like sense and think it adds value to android where blur does not */

Last edited:

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have to say Evo. Mostly because I love Sprint and their prices. Sprint service is just as good as Verizon in my area so I will never go back to Verizon and their HIGH prices. Just my thoughts though

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You should consider which carrier is best for you and go from there, not base your decision on which phone is better. They are both great phones.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You should consider which carrier is best for you and go from there, not base your decision on which phone is better. They are both great phones.

Eggzackly!

Phones are temporary, carriers are a two year contract and a pain to change then. Plus coverage and signal matter--ask any iPhone user if you don't believe me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't voted, yet, and don't get me wrong, I love my Evo, but I also like to play 3d games on my phone, it was one thing I always envied the iphone for. The Pre was finally getting some games ported from the iphone, but being that I have a Sprint Pre, the TMC error just kept me from playing the games, the long boot times for the phone are just prohibitive. So before the Evo came out, I did some research on what kind of apps are available in the Android world and was dismayed by the lack of 3d games. That is thankfully starting to change, but unfortunately, the awesome Snapdragon that everyone has been raving about has an Achilles Heel in it's AMD Z430 GPU, which is not the fastest thing going. Granted, no one has really written optimized games for the Snapdragon platform yet, but still, knowing that even the slower version of the PowerVR in the Pre (when compared to the iPHone version) is better than the Z430 is disheartening to me, it's like having a Ferrari Engine with some huge potatoes stuck up it's exhaust.

So the Droid X is not using the Snapdragon but instead the newer generation of the OMAP cpu....at 1 Ghz...this thing is gonna be fast. Also, the Galaxy S has this Hummingbird processor that has some kick butt 3d GPU in it (also a PowerVR I think).

This is what makes me look at my Evo wanting more. :(

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
EVO for a few reasons... going to verizon would cost an additional 1000 a YEAR and NO phone is worth that IMO...

Other than that i LOVE the Sense UI and while i have only had limited exposure to the motoblur.... what i did see and use was HORRIBLE.

As for the screen size... the 4.3 on the evo is ALMOST to big already for me, not sure the 4.4 would be a great move.

I think the evo is limited in the GPU arena BUT from what i have been reading, this is basically a software limitation not hardware so we should see a fix for this soon.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
can the droid x do LTE?

Noooooope. VZW doesn't have their LTE network up for public consumption yet, though from the sound of it they're on track for limited release this year (similar size to Sprint's current 4G rollout) and aggressively rolling out from there. No announcements that I know of any LTE phones coming down the pike quite yet.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
buddy it is 0.1 bigger then the evo not a big deal
it is all about 4G : )

Screen size isn't the only thing to consider in a size comparison- the body of the X is a fair bit larger than the EVO too. 0.1" diagonal is ~0.08" vertical, so not too much difference in screen size, but the X is FWVGA vs. our WVGA so you get 54 more vertical pixels on the X (854x480 vs our 800x480)- again nothing major.

motoroladroidx35.jpg

Not that it bothers me- long live the (newly minted) giant phone theme!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21