Anyone irked by ads on Google homepage?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It annoys me a little bit that the Nexus 7 is advertised on Google's search homepage. Am I just way too whiny or is this bothersome to others as well?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You mean the blurb below the search box, "The playground is open. Nexus 7: the new tablet from Google"? Doesn't bother me as I barely notice it. However, sometimes I do get annoyed with the logo changes. Shrug...

Yea that's the one! Lol.

I just remember back when Google.com was just a simple search bar, nothing else. I know it's unreasonable to expect it not to change at all, but it still annoys me.... Oh well, I'm just one tiny fish in the sea, what does my opinion matter I guess. Lol.

BrainFoodie

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely agree. Seemed like a cheap mercenary marketing decision to me. It's not Yahoo-level clutter, but I wouldn't have thought this decision would pass.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They did that for the previous Nexus devices. Heck, I think they even put one up for the original DROID.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
doesn't bother me at all....the more people that see it the better.
its not like it takes up any valuable real estate. and its not like it is ALWAYS going to be there.

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
Would you get mad if a bagel shop put up a sign that said "We sell Bagels!"? Their real estate, they can do what they want. Doesn't block off the main function of the page which is that beautiful little rectangle in the middle that says SEARCH.

dEcmir

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not. "Remember when Google was just search..." Time flies:)

And If you're not a nerd there's a good chance that ipad and tablet are synonims besides it's free advertising:-$:-$:-$;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As long as the Google homepage doesn't turn into Yahoo, I'm fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: svfd757

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Google's been going downhill ever since they decided to add the left side bar to their results. Until there is a better alternative we just have to get used to it.

thamenacing1

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If Google wants to advertise a "GOOGLE" product, let them. I think it's a great tablet and more people need to know about it. It's like complaining about watching NBC and they throw up a commercial for "The Office". How dare they advertise their own show on their network? A network we can access for free...same with Google.

MattS1984

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyone does remember that google makes their money based on Ad revenue. They have arguably the most visited page in the world which is prime real estate that they generally leave completely white. I think it's a great idea, regardless of how people speculate their device sales are going, to put a unobtrusive ad at the bottom. Sure it catches your eye but you don't have to click an X to get it to go away to use the page or anything like that. I say, good idea.

I should say I'm a proud Nexus 7 owner but if it were some other device Google had a significant interest in, I would feel the same way.

Erievon

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
You're kidding right? If you had a space that popular, wouldn't you use it? As long as they don't go selling the space to others, a small unobtrusive add for THEIR product is perfectly fine with me.

When I saw it my first reaction was "heck yeah El Goog, get the word out on Nexus devices!"

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't bother me and I want to see the Nexus 7 sell. So sell as many as you can Google! I own one and love it and I want others to experience the absolute best Android OS has to offer and it is without a doubt the Nexus 7.

In fact I want to see every Nexus device advertized on their homepage. :-$

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc