Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think android needs 2gb of ram to run smooth. It just makes it faster. Giving the user the best possible experience. Just like screen clarity. Do you really need a screen that sharp? I have a thunderbolt and the gnex. The gnex screen is way better but i still can read and see and do everything on the thunderbolt. They both Run smooth for me.

A lot of people view android phones after they owned the lg ally or something of that nature. . Yes some of the old phones are buggy. That's why now most mid rage phones have dual core processors.

But you can't knock apple. I think its more of android pones being in the shadows of the iPhone. You won't see the galaxy note 2 on the news or the optimus G when they are clearly a better phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think android needs 2gb of ram to run smooth. It just makes it faster. Giving the user the best possible experience. Just like screen clarity. Do you really need a screen that sharp? I have a thunderbolt and the gnex. The gnex screen is way better but i still can read and see and do everything on the thunderbolt. They both Run smooth for me.

A lot of people view android phones after they owned the lg ally or something of that nature. . Yes some of the old phones are buggy. That's why now most mid rage phones have dual core processors.

But you can't knock apple. I think its more of android pones being in the shadows of the iPhone. You won't see the galaxy note 2 on the news or the optimus G when they are clearly a better phone.

Apple has this mystique. But if you think about it, they have only been in the phone business for a very short time. What they've accomplished so far is nothing but amazing. When you look at what the mainstream reports on with regards to tech, I've seen them cover both the Microsoft Surface (Microsoft's own hardware) and the Google Nexus 7 (Google's branded hardware). They did it last year with the Galaxy Nexus too.

I'd be willing to bet that Samsung (and Motorola, HTC, etc.) don't get the mainstream press because we all expect them to make smartphones. Apple, Microsoft, and Google are all relatively young when it comes to their time in smartphones and in the case of Microsoft and Google, their own tablets.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I am a fan of Apple's products obviously but nothing more than that. Why is it that you believe that iPhone users think that they are better than everyone else?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Because of the media. Because every tec Site you visit has the stupid stories or supposed polls about this phone user makes more money, this phone user is more likely to drink cheap beer and beat his wife, this phone user blah blah blah. Because to many people don't take the time to stop think for themselves and form an educated opinion.

Sensationalism sells and media thrives on it. To many people rely on misguided one sided views by money making sites and sources whose sole purpose is to fuel interest by inciting as much unrest as possible. To many people have become Media Sheep.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I only get angry at the people that make and the people that use the device. They have such an elitist mindset that if they own anything with an Apple logo they are automatically somehow better than everyone else! They go around thinking that their device beats any other device but yet they don't have the slightest clue at whats behind the glass, the actual hardware that makes the device operate.

That's exactly right. My friend has all apple products and he thinks he's better then everybody else. I thinks most apple fans think that if they have an IPhone they are automatically better than you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly right. My friend has all apple products and he thinks he's better then everybody else. I thinks most apple fans think that if they have an IPhone they are automatically better than you.

So it has everything to do with being an elitist, and not the name calling by the other side. Interesting theory.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

What makes you feel that he thinks he's better than everybody else? Does he say that he thinks he is better than everybody else because of his phone?

I can almost understand the android phone vs iphone rivalry despite all the irrationality that it brings. But to infer that Apple users think they are better than everyone else, that seems to say more about the insecurities of the person making such an inference. "Why Android users feel Apple users are better than them and their incessant need to measure up"...should be a thesis for a psych PhD.

Outside of online forums, all the people I know see their smartphones, be it Apple or Android, simply as a device to make calls, send/receive texts, check emails, browse the web, take pics, play games, get directions, make mobile transactions, etc. All the things that both Apple and Android do equally well. Some prefer Android , others Apple. Just a matter of personal preference. None of them consider a phone as a status symbol or as a source of self esteem. ...but then again, I don't know many HS kids so that may be the problem.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
IPhone users are like that. Like when instagram came to android. I have never seen so many people go crazy. Like saying section 8 blah blah.. you have blind users on each end. I believe android people are more aggressive on defending android because its getting better than iOS. And they get frustrated when people can't realize it. I have experienced both. I was an apple fanboy. I use to praise iOS. But you really can't compare the 2. Two different types of OS. Ones simple. Ones Complex.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"Why Android users feel Apple users are better than them and their incessant need to measure up"...should be a thesis for a psych PhD.

lol. Agreed.

And I don't know anyone personally that uses what phone they have as a status symbol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What makes you feel that he thinks he's better than everybody else? Does he say that he thinks he is better than everybody else because of his phone?

I can almost understand the android phone vs iphone rivalry despite all the irrationality that it brings. But to infer that Apple users think they are better than everyone else, that seems to say more about the insecurities of the person making such an inference. "Why Android users feel Apple users are better than them and their incessant need to measure up"...should be a thesis for a psych PhD.

Outside of online forums, all the people I know see their smartphones, be it Apple or Android, simply as a device to make calls, send/receive texts, check emails, browse the web, take pics, play games, get directions, make mobile transactions, etc. All the things that both Apple and Android do equally well. Some prefer Android , others Apple. Just a matter of personal preference. None of them consider a phone as a status symbol or as a source of self esteem. ...but then again, I don't know many HS kids so that may be the problem.

Maybe its because all the people I know have Iphones. Some just see it as a phone others don't. One person stood in line for over 8 hours just to get the 4S he wanted it so bad. I just laughed is the iPhone that good that you have to stand in line for it. I tried it out and its not that good of an OS. Android is a lot better.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe its because all the people I know have Iphones. Some just see it as a phone others don't. One person stood in line for over 8 hours just to get the 4S he wanted it so bad. I just laughed is the iPhone that good that you have to stand in line for it. I tried it out and its not that good of an OS. Android is a lot better.

I would not stand in line for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm honestly curious. Does it make you feel better about yourself? That you have Android and you think your phone makes you better than them?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly curious. Does it make you feel better about yourself? That you have Android and you think your phone makes you better than them?

Yes I feel good that I choose Android over IOS. One of the main reason I choose Android was for the endless customization. I don't think my is better then there's. I sort stick out because all my friends have Iphones and Ipads and I'm the only one with a Android phone and Tablet. In fact yesterday they were all happy because you could share your photos from your gallery directly to Facebook. Something I showed them a long time ago. But did they care no. But a downside is that I really have nobody to talk about Android too.:(

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, today I had to listen to the whole, "We have panoramic pictures and navigation now, thats so innovative!!" Even though I have been taking panoramic pictures and navigation for years.

Sigh.....All I have to say is Apple did a good job of brainwashing everyone with the use of their creative marketing department.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Why can't apple count is my question. It's like this

Iphone =1
3G = 2
3Gs = 3
4 = 4
4S = 5
5 = 6?

It should be called iphone 6! Anyway there is nothing revolutionary about it, it's a catch up phone, adding additional memory, a 1ghz cpu, a bigger screen, and lte. Honestly I'm impressed in those regards that they finally made a competitive phone, and I think it looks world's better. But it still has one major flaw: ios. Ios needs overhauled badly and that's why I wouldn't buy one. Well that and the fact I love android too. I won't seriously consider any os i can't change my default browser, add useful widgets to my home screen, or install swiftkey on and use

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad my Facebook and Instagram were filled with people posting pictures of Endeavor flying overhead vs. iPhone 5 unboxings.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante