The Android high

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
So, there you were, sitting there holding your fancy Motorola Startac phone which you thought was really cool because it flipped open and flipped closed. Yeah, your kids and friend kept telling you to upgrade, but why fix it when it wasn't broke. However, you took the plunge and were ever so patiently waiting for your new phone to be delivered. All the sudden, your doorbell rings, your dog starts barking which, of course, gets your baby to start crying and in turn makes your spouse upset because they can no longer hear their favorite show on the TV. However, you get everyone calmed down as you make your way to the door to find out that the person behind the door is the delivery person with a package for you. You sign for the package and start to get a little bit of a rush right away. You thank the driver and give them a hug... too much, maybe, but you were excited... you shut the door and head towards the kitchen with that little box in your hand - each step getting more and more excited. You sit down at the table and go to open the box, realizing, *crap* there's tape. So, you reach over and grab your kid's Indy style matchbox car so you can use the front wing as a tape cutter to get the box open. FINALLY! The box is open and THERE IT IS! You first shiny new smartphone. You were now in touch with the 2000's and out of the 90's! ooooooohhhh....ahhhhhh..... shiny.... pretty... So, you crank up your brand new toy and get to playing. (fast forward 6 months/a year), you've downloaded all the cool apps, possibly done this "unlock" thing - now what? You're starting to come down from the high when all the sudden you hear your phone now has a gen2 of some sort! AWESOME! A NEW new phone! Of course, you camped out at your local retailer for 2 weeks just to be the first to get your new device. You get your new device and... not as excited.

So, here's the problem. I think many of us got our first major high when we picked up our 1st smartphone and (just like many other addictions), we are now chasing that high that we probably won't get again for a long time. Let's face it, since you bought your 1st smartphone, not much has changed. Yeah, new sizes, new shapes, new programs but, generally speaking, they've all been (almost) like each other - nothing like switching from a 10-key basic phone to your first smartphone.

This makes me wonder, when WILL we find the next device which gives us that high? What will be the next revolutionary device?

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
In my case it's going to be when I pick up a nexus 10....The first smartphone is had was an iphone that my dad got me. Back in 2008 or so. It was gross. I hated the hell out of it.
Then in Feb I got my galaxy note <3 neverrr been more in love... (sry girls). :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my first Android about a year ago. I was super excited. Then, about 2 months go, I got a new, better Android an I was almost more excited to get this one. It was a little bigger, more powerful, more advanced with a newer version of Android. I was so excited to get it, I ordered my case for it before I even got the phone. When I got the case in the mail I had to go get my phone the next day (I even took out a payday advance to go get it). I'm so in love with this phone.

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, my first was the Bionic. Then the Razr Maxx. Loved em both. But the magic is back with my S3. I absolutely love it.
Sent from my Galaxy S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
well i went from a mid range experia to a high end s3 a few months ago and that buzz was there lol.
i remember the buzz of hacking my 1st ?100 chinese android though :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
About a week before I signed up for AC I got my optimus s I tried to root it the first day and bricked it I had sprint replace it that day I successfully rooted it and installed cwm then zelfies cm7 rom one of the nightly builds...it was sick I then became a rageing android- aholic....I mean seriously I had to quit smoking crack to pay my phone bill now I could get a job in any phone store I wanted I'm now developing stuff for android I'm porting a few things to android and to boot I'm getting ready to start a business selling android devices investing everything into this platform and I don't know why......my wife shoots tats and I saw a thread for "do you have any android based ink" or something like that and I thought to myself .......I don't ....yet

Hmmm "androids anonymous"?

Its basically a 3 step program

1.root
3.recovery
4.flash rom

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Android Central Forums