New job! Anyone sell phones? Need some help

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Going to be selling Verizon phones with diamond wireless.

Kinda lucked into this job but the guy at the booth happened to be the district manager and was impressed with the way i matched my wife with a phone i knew she'd love the first time she saw it (droid razr m) he closed the sale and u got it for her as a late birthday gift.

She talked me up and the guy said email a resume,i did, he offered me a position.

So anyone on here sell phones?

What are some tips to be successful?

What should i look out for?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I do not sell phones, but have a piece of advice. Pretend that every phone you sell is going to your wife, match the phone to the person.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Become familiar with the devices so that you can help each customer with his/her specific needs and wants. Nothing worse than a salesman who doesn't know his s**t.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Become familiar with the devices so that you can help each customer with his/her specific needs and wants. Nothing worse than a salesman who doesn't know his s**t.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Amen to that

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes know what phones match people's needs. Don't force them into your preference, read a lot about tech. Build rapport with customers, be patient with people and try to explain to them what they're getting with that exact phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes know what phones match people's needs. Don't force them into your preference, read a lot about tech. Build rapport with customers, be patient with people and try to explain to them what they're getting with that exact phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I like that.

That's along the lines i was thinking.

Paul Smith1

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had been looking for a very good phone so I have bought a few that I did not use or like and sold them to a site that buys used phones. My advice is look for any phone that is only a year or two old and works completely. Going through the process of selling my phones this was these phones that I mentioned were the top dollar phones, smartphones like blackberry were on the list but business only seem to pay for the best quality of any smart phones out there. I am sure all this is common sense but I just thought I would mention it. Non working phones maybe will sell for 1 dollar or if your lucky 4 dollars. Hope this helps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As already stated, know your phones and possible polish up on what the competition has to offer. Let your clients know what they are getting on Verizon and what they won't be getting with other carriers. Also, don't pressure clients or hang over them like a hawk. Create casual conversation unrelated to selling them a phone and try and get a feel for what they are looking for.

The company surely has protocol in place for selling phones and what I am saying may not be on that list. Just my point of view as a consumer and experiences when I take a trip to the local wireless store to waste time or for business. Good luck.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Been selling phones for a few years with att and now with target mobile. Ever need some advice man just feel free to pm me.

Any who, just like everyone here so far is saying is get to know your product and get to know your customer. Give them their options and let them know what the phones can do. It will take some practice but you'll get it down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2