Thought this was funny and interesting.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ya, for me it's about having the class to compete without trying to litigate your success. The S4 is infringing on Apple patents like a fridge infringes on a toaster.

Apple is a company run by jealous cry babies that can't play nice on the playground. It's bad for business and bad for us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

So do you think engineers at Apple are just sitting around waiting for lawyers?

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It looked like Google was looking into better support for updates in general so I like this addition of the Vanilla S4 and like you said having a X phone that can get quick updates will really add some options along with the Nexus 5.

Yeah. Vanilla Android is the best version of Android. Clean and beautiful.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It depends on your personal preference.

Yeah, I guess.
Some people do love Sense, TouchWiz, Optimus UI or Sony Timescape.

But I just love stock Android, Android that isn't clogged with features or bloat.
What its supposed to be.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just tried an S4, and I actually enjoyed the features and can see myself using them quite often. I was a bit skeptical but they work quite well actually. Just gotta put Nova over Touchwiz and I'm set.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I guess.
Some people do love Sense, TouchWiz, Optimus UI or Sony Timescape.

But I just love stock Android, Android that isn't clogged with features or bloat.
What its supposed to be.

I like most parts of Sense 5.0 more then Stock though. For example Blinkfeed.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't all that fond of Blink feed although I only gave it around 10 minutes before I installed Nova launcher.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Since most of the world seems to think of Sense and Touchwiz as being "skins" or "launchers" I think the OEM's should make them that. Either make them a theme (skin) or a launcher. Make all of the features you want to add as apps that just run on an underlying stock Android. Get rid of the stupid buttons and put the innovation into hardware and app development instead of wasting all the resources it takes to recode Android. TouchWiz is closer to it's own OS than it is to a launcher. LG used to do this; back in Froyo they included an LG launcher and a stock launcher and you could switch between them. LG widgets work on their launcher only, etc. Imagine the S4's hardware without anything that screws up the stock experience or Android ecosystem, like the menu button. Then imagine it with that amazing camera app still being functional, because it's developed as part of Android, not as part of TouchWiz.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Since most of the world seems to think of Sense and Touchwiz as being "skins" or "launchers" I think the OEM's should make them that. Either make them a theme (skin) or a launcher. Make all of the features you want to add as apps that just run on an underlying stock Android. Get rid of the stupid buttons and put the innovation into hardware and app development instead of wasting all the resources it takes to recode Android. TouchWiz is closer to it's own OS than it is to a launcher. LG used to do this; back in Froyo they included an LG launcher and a stock launcher and you could switch between them. LG widgets work on their launcher only, etc. Imagine the S4's hardware without anything that screws up the stock experience or Android ecosystem, like the menu button. Then imagine it with that amazing camera app still being functional, because it's developed as part of Android, not as part of TouchWiz.

That would be great.
A option for your personal preference. Not just limited to what the manufacturer sets.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

100% agree. you should work at Google LOL.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've said the same thing. But things have changed a lot over the years. Like you said Touchwiz is almost it's own OS so it's a lot deeper now.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've said the same thing. But things have changed a lot over the years. Like you said Touchwiz is almost it's own OS so it's a lot deeper now.

Yeah. TW is like a whole new OS.
Which explains why its bloated, and takes up so much memory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2