Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Slow and steady wins the race.

I also don;t agree that people have the fear about buying apps on Android and "trust" apple to give good apps. There is no risk with Android as you can always get a refund for the app if you don't like it. Not to knock the quality apps that are on the App store because they do have lots of great apps, but Android had a 2 year game to catch up. WE are now approaching that time. Personally I also think the revenue difference is mainly because there are a lot more free apps on Android.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Next thing you know we won't be able to eat apples. Or apple will be suing us for raking leaves in our yards.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Maybe you could force Apple to remove their leaves from your yard.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you speaking of the billion dollar settlement?

Koh's made no ruling on the jury's recommendation of $1.05 billion. Apple wants it increased by about $500 million. Samsung wants it reduced by about $600 million. Either way, it looks like Samsung's going to have to pay up and take a loss.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Slow and steady wins the race.

I also don;t agree that people have the fear about buying apps on Android and "trust" apple to give good apps. There is no risk with Android as you can always get a refund for the app if you don't like it. Not to knock the quality apps that are on the App store because they do have lots of great apps, but Android had a 2 year game to catch up. WE are now approaching that time. Personally I also think the revenue difference is mainly because there are a lot more free apps on Android.

I agree that we are approaching that time.

We're not there yet, especially with tablets.

I'll believe it when news like this isn't news.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth works fine for regular use. You can still plug in a headphone aux if you want to go plugged in. I spent some time buying some portable speakers as gifts this week and everyone in best buy was talking about bluetooth support. That's what people want.

I did make a comment about the inferior micro usb (which I have not confirmed) in reference to on of Ry's comments. I said if it is offering something better over micro usb then Apple should have brought that to the table as a new standard so everyone could vote to maintain the standard. This only continues to prove that they don't have their customers best interests at heart. Instead they only play with themselves. They are the selfish spoiled kid on the playground.

They did not choose microusb because it is inferior, period.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Koh's made no ruling on the jury's recommendation of $1.05 billion. Apple wants it increased by about $500 million. Samsung wants it reduced by about $600 million. Either way, it looks like Samsung's going to have to pay up and take a loss.
My terminology was messed up. I know no one has paid anything. Was just wondering if this was the case you were referring to.

I'd be very surprised if Samsung ends up paying anything. That jury was messed up. There are so many things that were off that samsung will probably tie things up for so long that inflation will supercede any penalty. But let's not beat this dead horse.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They did not choose microusb because it is inferior, period.
I think we already established that yet you keep missing my point which is... If a lightening connector was better then why did Apple agree to make micro usb the standard?

They either willingly deceived their competitors or ya... that.

And I'm okay with that if this is in fact what they did. But if this is true then they should not be involved in future discussion because they don't have the common good of the industry at heart.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd be very surprised if Samsung ends up paying anything. That jury was messed up. There are so many things that were off that samsung will probably tie things up for so long that inflation will supercede any penalty. But let's not beat this dead horse.

It's pretty common for courts to add interest to the judgment amount from the date of the judgment until the date it is ultimately paid. So, if after Samsung exhausts its appeals and it is determined that Samsung still must pay damages, the amount would be increased using an interest rate set by the court to account for the passage of time.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
From a programmers point of view, Ape didn't kill it but it helped. Trust me when I say we will all be better off without it

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty common for courts to add interest to the judgment amount from the date of the judgment until the date it is ultimately paid. So, if after Samsung exhausts its appeals and it is determined that Samsung still must pay damages, the amount would be increased using an interest rate set by the court to account for the passage of time.

Sent from my SGSIII
That. May be true but the way that case went down I will be surprised if they pay more than 100 million.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That. May be true but the way that case went down I will be surprised if they pay more than 100 million.

My point was that whatever the award ends up being it likely won't be rendered worthless by inflation.

Sent from my SGSIII

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. We've heard similar rumors before, and nothing has ever come of it.
Ya. But I like the rumors on this one. A Motorola Nexus has got to be coming soon.