Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Says who? Every company has the right to defend their IP no matter how large or small the other player is.
Says me. Lol. I'm fine if it is a major deal, but 90% are BS that we end up footing the bill for.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Thought this was funny and interesting.

Badbred17, apple is not only one that sueing. Sorry that im not quoteing but tapatalk dont want to post with quote for some reason

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Badbred17, apple is not only one that sueing. Sorry that im not quoteing but tapatalk dont want to post with quote for some reason
You should not state the obvious. I am fully aware that Apple isn't the only one suing but they are certainly doing the most suing and my main beef is with them suing small non related businesses.

But just in the tech sector you can see in this matrix who is suing who. Apple dominates the suing.
http://thedinfographics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TechPatentWar.png

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357597072027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357597072027.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

You should not state the obvious. I am fully aware that Apple isn't the only one suing but they are certainly doing the most suing and my main beef is with them suing small non related businesses.

But just in the tech sector you can see in this matrix who is suing who. Apple dominates the suing.
http://thedinfographics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TechPatentWar.png

If we not count nokia which is responce, note that it has same as as microsft ; p and there few that have 3

Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If we not count nokia which is responce, note that it has same as as microsft ; p and there few that have 3

Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
How many of them are suing schools and Apple farmers? :p:confused:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well thats trademark issue ; p
Again. Obvious. But it doesn't give them the right to be a blood sucking a-hole. They can't trademark an apple. Especially when the people are selling apples. Don't get me started. If you feel this behavior is okay then you are no better.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Well they need to as it is there logo, if they would not trademark it every one could use it commertionaly and use brand value that they not own. Its not like every logo concept featuring apple will conflict with them you just need to watch out on one simple apple, it just happens that some big company decided to call themselves apple and have it as a logo.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well they need to as it is there logo, if they would not trademark it every one could use it commertionaly and use brand value that they not own. Its not like every logo concept featuring apple will conflict with them you just need to watch out on one simple apple, it just happens that some big company decided to call themselves apple and have it as a logo.
Spare me. Apple not suing an Apple orchard would do nothing to harm their precious brand.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Spare me. Apple not suing an Apple orchard would do nothing to harm their precious brand.

They have a legal responsibility to do so. If they do not defend their trademarks, they lose the legal right to do it in the future.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Again. Obvious. But it doesn't give them the right to be a blood sucking a-hole. They can't trademark an apple. Especially when the people are selling apples. Don't get me started. If you feel this behavior is okay then you are no better.

They HAVE trademarked their logo, as well as their name. Apple has not gone after everyone that uses an apple as their logo, nor have they gone after everyone that uses Apple in their name.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They have a legal responsibility to do so. If they do not defend their trademarks, they lose the legal right to do it in the future.
that is 100% BS. They do not have to defend their Trademark to that degree. That orchard has every right to use any apple in their logo. They are not misrepresenting their business.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They HAVE trademarked their logo, as well as their name. Apple has not gone after everyone that uses an apple as their logo, nor have they gone after everyone that uses Apple in their name.
Give it time.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They might ; p dont know specifics of trademark law in us.
But Apple Auto glass also has a registered trademark. And they have been in business longer than Apple. So maybe they should be suing Apple tech instead?

You see how stupid it is? Protection of a trademark should and usually only matters if it infringes on the company's ability to do business without confusion in the market. All of the logos being used are much different than the Apple logo and have good reasoning behind their use. Apple is just playing bully.

No one loves a bully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678