Thought this was funny and interesting.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Seriously folks? Those commenting have no knowledge of "the Onion". It is a well known humor "spoof" mag/site.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

That is probably why I don't know about it, because I don't read those kinds of articles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry folks. I should have posted just the last of my three sentences. After I pressed submit then saw my posting, I thought, "I'm a jerk". Mea Culpa.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There were plenty of these nut cases trying to take peoples money before but Apple legitimized the process.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Apple is not a patent troll. A troll is something completely different.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple is the definition of a patent troll. They throw a jillion bogus lawsuits at the wall and hope a few stick.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

And most of them are for stuff they don't own, are definitely not the first to use and they only make all these so they don't have to actually innovative. They're still then only company dumb enough to think they can own the rectangle shape in a phone's design.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple is not a patent troll. A troll is something completely different.

Different? Perhaps. Completely different? Not a chance. Apple has if anything fueled a lot of these trolls on and made it okay to sue people for things they didn't invent.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
And most of them are for stuff they don't own, are definitely not the first to use and they only make all these so they don't have to actually innovative. They're still then only company dumb enough to think they can own the rectangle shape in a phone's design.

Can you sue over patents you don't own?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple is the definition of a patent troll. They throw a jillion bogus lawsuits at the wall and hope a few stick.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

No, they're not. A patent troll is by its very definition a company that owns patents but doesn't make any products. Those trolls make all of their income from licensing.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Different? Perhaps. Completely different? Not a chance. Apple has if anything fueled a lot of these trolls on and made it okay to sue people for things they didn't invent.

No. If anything, apple has slowed them down since there's more scrutiny. There were far more troll lawsuits prior to apples litigation with android manufacturers.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That isn't what they patented at all. Their design patent for the iPhone is very, very specific. Design patents also have a whole different set of rules than utility patents.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No. If anything, apple has slowed them down since there's more scrutiny. There were far more troll lawsuits prior to apples litigation with android manufacturers.

Yah Apple. They are so awesome for doing so many great things. Awe shucks I wish all companies sued everyone just like Apple the best company in the whole wide world.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No, they're not. A patent troll is by its very definition a company that owns patents but doesn't make any products. Those trolls make all of their income from licensing.

Lot of companies do that, Apple too. I remeber they submit patent for iPhone which transparent dial cover which also have touch digitiser, never got relesed. Funniest one that stayed in my memory is Nintendo patent for Wii pellow like accesory i remeber how gaming community made fun of them.

Yah Apple. They are so awesome for doing so many great things. Awe shucks I wish all companies sued everyone just like Apple the best company in the whole wide world.

Did he said that Apple is best company in the whole wide world?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Lot of companies do that, Apple too. I remeber they submit patent for iPhone which transparent dial cover which also have touch digitiser, never got relesed. Funniest one that stayed in my memory is Nintendo patent for Wii pellow like accesory i remeber how gaming community made fun of them.

Did he said that Apple is best company in the whole wide world?
Normally poking fun doesn't require 100% accuracy. ;)