I couldn't decide which phone, I ordered two.

I kid you not.

I guess this isn't a stupid question

I am not in the best financial shape to keep both (certainly in better shape than to go with a more expensive carrier for long term contract monthly)

..BUT, might someone give me some ideas as to what I could do, or what others do (I am sure I am not alone) when they carry two phones??

Some prolly involve getting a second line, those ideas are welcome. Some prolly don't involve getting another line/sim card -- those too are welcomed. Maybe games, mp3 player... Battery is short, switch phones.

That last idea would be great if they coulid give you two sim cards with the same number wouldn't it.

They still can't give out two sim cards with the same sim card and numbe will they?

Anyway, any ideas are welcome.

I don't wanna make this a post about which one to keep because I have asked for advice and you alll have been generous with advice

But if it came down to there are ZERO things to do with it feel free to give ur advice , the Nexus and Vibrant

I was set on coming back to the Nexus until I see that they are actually NOT all that different AND I am not fully certain on where my support would come from when sales stop

It does say it will continue for people who have bought them

BUT it is vague. MY supervisor friend said that it is only guaranteed for 90 days.

So any help with ideas on what people do when they have two phones would be appreciated

Thanks
    Eric
    07-17-2010 06:03 PM
    I have 4 lines but only use 2.

I wasn't eligible to upgrade my 2 lines last February but I wanted a smartphone for me and my GF. So I just added 2 new lines to my Family plan with the Eris and Pixi for $10 each per month plus data plans, changed the smartphones and data plans back to my old numbers and put the old phones on the new numbers after I got home via a phone call to Vz and just eat the $20 a month as being the price I pay for not being able to wait to upgrade.

But, for your question if my math is right and you changed your plan to a family plan your 2nd phone would be $10/mo. plus a data plan ($30/mo. I think)? So, for $40/mo. you could have 2 phones. You can go to the Vz website and switch phones to whatever number you own, so you could use the phone you wanted for a while and switch when you got tired of it. Just an idea.
    07-17-2010 06:21 PM
    I have a palm pre plus on AT&T and a Nexus one for AT&T, I love it and I actually work for VZW but the sim card simplicity is amazing.

You used to be able to clone sim cards and get 1 number on 2 sim cards but it involved cloning the imsi and retriving the Ki of the sim card, but you also need a blank sim card. The sim card makers have improved the security of the the sim cards so its not as easy anymore I was able to do it with an old cingular sim card but was not able to clone anything newer. They may have updated the software to crack the Ki of the sim but it takes about 5 hrs for a computer to get the Ki. You can find a usb sim card reader online but its sorta hard to do and its semi-illegal.

Most new sim cards use COMP128 V2 and they are almost impossible to crack the Ki and if you try it there is a good change it will "brick" the sim card
    07-17-2010 06:54 PM
    You haven't really specified what your reasoning is for considering two phones. Do you feel that the Nexus One, for example, will not satisfy all of your needs? Is it a battery life issue? Is it just for the tech-geek inspired curiosity?

To answer your question though, no, you will not be able to receive two duplicate SIM cards sharing the same service (could you imagine the heaven iPhone & iPad users would be in if they did?).

I maintain two phones. A Nexus One and BlackBerry Bold 9700. But they are each for different purposes.
    07-18-2010 03:28 PM
    Maintaining the dataplan for two phones is the cost prohibitive part.

You have two choices: Pick one phone, or get married.
    07-18-2010 06:23 PM
    Well first of all, regarding the nexus one support, Google said they will continue to support the nexus obviously. But HTC will be around for a long time, they aren't going away. And if you've ever called nexus support and need a repair you know that Google immediately transfers you to HTC support. So I'd imagine you would just go straight toa HTC support if for some reason you need warranty in the future and Google has stopped their support. Doubt that they would really stop supporting it though if they say they will, they will.

Vibrant vs nexus, that's tough. For me I'm sticking with the nexus because is so open and easy to flash any ROM you want in a few seconds. No locked boot loader security, and no extra touch wiz layer on top of android. Etc.

I'm a phone nut so I've gone thru phones like crazy. But I've never been able to carry 2 devices simply because I go "All-in" with my main device and get so engrossed in it that the second device never gets any use. Just always been that way. I do like to keep a backup phone around in case my main device breaks, or to use a crap phone for a weekend camping trip, etc.
    07-18-2010 11:26 PM
    I have 2 phones but both are with TMO. Where I work theres a lot of dust so I use my G1 at work and keep my Nexus One for when I get off and weekends.
    07-20-2010 06:56 PM
    This is just obscene, now that I think about it.

07-20-2010 08:41 PM
    Maintaining the dataplan for two phones is the cost prohibitive part.

You have two choices: Pick one phone, or get married.
    i think getting married is a lot more expensive than 2 data plans
    07-21-2010 03:25 AM

Wow after seeing this I dont feel bad about wanting to get an Evo and Dell Streak along with my Nexus One, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3g. You're an inspiration Phil. LOL!
    07-21-2010 09:17 AM
    My only phone is a nexus, but i have both a T-Mobile and a wind sim card. switch them at the border
    07-21-2010 03:06 PM

Phil, WOW, thanks for sharing. and thanks for the pic, especially if you took it just for me

Can I ask if you use them all concurrently, if they are all for a family, if they are old phones, some of them. Thanks
    07-22-2010 03:52 AM
    only one ok?
    07-24-2010 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD