What exactly is an enclair?

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is an eclair?

So each version of Android is named after desserts in alphabetical order, starting with Cupcake, then Donut, Eclair, FroYo, then Gingerbread.

I know what the rest are, although I was very surprised how few people knen what froyo was (it's frozen yogurt), yet I still have no idea what an eclair is or what it even looks like? And where can I go to eat one?

Edit: Nevermind, I answered my own question. Looking at their logo here, it's close to what US Americans call a Long John. Either way, it's tasty. There's also a wiki here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89clair_(pastry)

eclair_2009.gif

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So each version of Android is named after desserts in alphabetical order, starting with Cupcake, then Donut, Eclair, FroYo, then Gingerbread.

I know what the rest are, although I was very surprised how few people knen what froyo was (it's frozen yogurt), yet I still have no idea what an eclair is or what it even looks like? And where can I go to eat one?
eclair_2009.gif

I ate one before , most pastry stores make them fresh that day :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Van Wilder...nuff said

B**** monthly!
great movie, awesome scene.

Having said that, they are still one of my favorite treats from Dunkin Donuts. There are different variations of it. Some sell the frozen ones in the store in a pack of 4. Those aren't as good. The ones at Dunkin are more like a long cream filled donut, topped with chocolate icing.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Edit: Nevermind, I answered my own question. Looking at their logo here, it's close to what US Americans call a Long John. Either way, it's tasty. There's also a wiki here: Éclair (pastry) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've never once in my life heard anyone call an eclair a "Long John". An eclair is an eclair. And it's also delicious. And I'm now craving an eclair very badly. UGH!!

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is just as tasty as eclairs, so why not?

I used to be a skinny guy until I went the way of Android and was inspired to eat yummy treats thanks to these creative build names. Damn you Google, you made me fat!

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is just as tasty as eclairs, so why not?

I like it much better, but don't bother with TCBY or other Froyo that's trying to be soft serve ice cream. There's a place in Harvard Square in Cambridge (MA, not UK) where Froyo tastes more like Yo - much better!

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I like it much better, but don't bother with TCBY or other Froyo that's trying to be soft serve ice cream. There's a place in Harvard Square in Cambridge (MA, not UK) where Froyo tastes more like Yo - much better!

I tried fro-ing my own yo, but it just didn't quite work out. I'll continue to rely on the culinary experts to supply me with the delicious goodness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon