Where did this whole "iOS is just simple" lie come from?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I hear that all the time about iphone.

What about it is so simple compared to a galaxy s III?

Want to make a call? Press the phone button

Want to take a picture? Click the camera button.

Want to send a text? Press the button

For basic features this phone is just as simple as an iphone and even simpler setting up the app market, copying music (can be a real headache on an iphone) closing all open apps, and a couple other tasks.

Then using the Facebook app, if you want to refresh you can't just press menu then refresh. You have to close it then create open it

Want to turn off wifi because it's holding onto a weak connection? On the iphone you have to go through your settings, then turn it off. On the GS3 you simply pull down the notification bar and tap the toggle for that, gps, Bluetooth, flashlight, hotspot, airplane mode, auto rotation and even adjust brightness.

Much easier on this phone than the iphone.

You don't want to tinker around under the hood? Then don't.

You don't have to because the OS just works, right out of the box at that.

So where did the whole "iphone is just so much easier" stuff come from?

And no, the point of this thread is not to bash apple (I'm a former iphone 4 and current ipod touch user myself) but just wondering where this idea came from?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Look at the mobile phone landscape when the iPhone first came out.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Look at the mobile phone landscape when the iPhone first came out.

But now is the question.

People keep saying iphone is easier and simpler but how

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
But now is the question.

People keep saying iphone is easier and simpler but how

The title of your thread is "Where did this whole "iOS is just simple" lie come from?"

I'm telling you where it came from.

milfette

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
The people stuck in the lie haven't noticed that its been 8 years and things have changed.

I used to be a fruit head, just got my first android. All phones have learning curves!

Go sit in on an I phone workshop at the apple store. People are convinced by their kids to get the phone because once you figure it out, you won't mess it up.
Mostly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Hunter Petit

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree! When my teacher got her iPhone 4 two years ago ( she still has it, she's 52 ) she said she was scared to open the box because she thought it will be too hard to understand, then opened it and said it was easy and simple. But since her two year contract is over she's looking to get a new phone and I tried to explain android to her but she always says not convinced and thinks android will be too hard and I try to tell her it's the same if not better, she doesn't believe me.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Seriously they have workshops for the iPhone, wow. Its user interface is so simplistic a crippled/disabled monkey could learn how to use it.

Seriously though I see way too many children showing their parents how to use them, its foolproof really.

Android isn't much different (in terms of usability) than how the op described iOS albeit a few extra customization features here and there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Seriously they have workshops for the iPhone, wow. Its user interface is so simplistic a crippled/disabled monkey could learn how to use it.

Seriously though I see way too many children showing their parents how to use them, its foolproof really.

Android isn't much different (in terms of usability) than how the op described iOS albeit a few extra customization features here and there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Why do iPhone workshops surprise you? It may be simple to use but that level of customer service and support is unmatched.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Got nothing on iPhone as I came from iPhone myself but when it comes to sharing nothing beats the simplicity of Android. In iPhone you have to copy paste link to share to other apps that aren't integrated to the OS. And I love widgets. iOS doesn't have widgets. I use widget all the time.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

milfette

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Thats the other thing about the iPhone - Apple Care, Genius Bar, One to One and FREE workshops.

Its taking me a long time to get this android going and now that i have problems im SOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski