What has apple stolen from android and what will they steal next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Let's not get personal guys. Enjoy your discussion but let's not start down a bad path here pointing fingers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Apparently you're not informed. And you don't know proper grammar or spelling either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dude take the stick out. Its a ip5 ip4s and and iPad in my house as I type what u mean lol. And I STILL stand by my statement

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
-video recording
-panoramic camera

Actually i believe he meant as an "Out Of The Box" Feature, so i give him this one

Define "out of the box".

Do all Android phones have a panoramic camera feature built-in?

Do Nexus devices have a panoramic camera feature built-in?

-front facing camera

Actually as far as i remember the HTC's non-US varients WinMo Phone's Had FFC's I.E. TOuch Pro 2 & HTC touch 4G(wiMax) Max but besdies that android had it before apple, Evo was annouced long before the iphone 4 & there were rumors going around for MONTHS about the Evo have a FCC.

So did Apple "steal" it from Android (the premise of this thread) or did Apple "steal" it from WinMo?

-video calling
Actually We had Fring which allowed Skype Video Calling (Mobile to PC & Mobile To Mobile) along side Fring's Mobile to Mobile Video Call Service when the evo was first released...i know for a fact because i did it (skype to PC) when i
got my OG Evo Launch Morning. so i give him this one also

App vs. built-in feature.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Again I'm calling it as it is

Both people were wrong because WinMo had FCC's first.

Out the box meaning no extra step required to have access to that feature( no extra app download no root/jailbreak) but again both video recording and panoramic were around before android and Apple.

And when the evo launched it had Qik as an out of the box video call feature because qik was preinstalled ( again Out the box meaning no extra step required to have access to that feature( no extra app download no root/jailbreak)

The Fanboyism is strong in here (on both sides) I'm just calling it as it is

Sent From My HTC....oh wait it's stuck at customs

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Again I'm calling it as it is

Both people were wrong because WinMo had FCC's first.

Out the box meaning no extra step required to have access to that feature( no extra app download no root/jailbreak) but again both video recording and panoramic were around before android and Apple.

And when the evo launched it had Qik as an out of the box video call feature because qik was preinstalled ( again Out the box meaning no extra step required to have access to that feature( no extra app download no root/jailbreak)

The Fanboyism is strong in here (on both sides) I'm just calling it as it is

Sent From My HTC....oh wait it's stuck at customs

Are you saying all of the manufacturer's additions to Android count or is AOSP or Nexus the standard when comparing iOS to Android?

And if we're going with out of the box features, apps that have to be downloaded from an app store shouldn't count.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying all of the manufacturer's additions to Android count or is AOSP or Nexus the standard when comparing iOS to Android?

And if we're going with out of the box features, apps that have to be downloaded from an app store shouldn't count.

Neither should apps that are preloaded. They are not system native.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Obviously you do if you felt the need to post about it, you could have ignored it and moved on. :p

@Mel: I never watch those "reality" shows, it's all crap.

Its not really a reality show. Its actors like Kevin hart Nelly Duane martin and Robin thicke playing a funny version of themselves. Its funny as hell.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Can we just agree that everyone stole everything from each other (the most likely scenario) and be done with it? I'm starting to get confused with the score here with features going back and forth between systems, apps and now even manufacturers. If this was Big Bang Theory, at least there would be a whiteboard involved.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Can we just agree that everyone stole everything from each other (the most likely scenario) and be done with it? I'm starting to get confused with the score here with features going back and forth between systems, apps and now even manufacturers. If this was Big Bang Theory, at least there would be a whiteboard involved.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

And Sheldon would be explaining it in a really complicated way. But yes everyone does copy from everyone else, that's business.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
And Sheldon would be explaining it in a really complicated way.
Hence the need for the whiteboard. And he'd be arguing for Apple, since, after all, that is who provides promotional consideration.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hence the need for the whiteboard. And he'd be arguing for Apple, since, after all, that is who provides promotional consideration.

Pretty much. And everyone else would be using Android going "Wtf is he talking about?"

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It would be funny to see if Sheldon could handle the closeness of the OS or if he would try to unlock it or maybe he would appreciate the whole "walled-garden" design of it all. Seeing as they use iPhones anyway from what I can tell I'm guessing they don't mind it too much. :p

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If only they could have this discussion. Sheldon's smirk of haughty derision while defending Apple as the others speak the virtues of Google and Penny looks on cluelessly. Alas it can't happen due to the vast advertising dollars of Apple and we are stuck doing it here. <sigh>

psychoken

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
almost everything is patented. it just makes competition more interesting. That's what makes USA one of the most innovative country. It doesn't kill competition. It makes competition stronger.

Masterdango

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Here's a website (Exposing Apple's Hypocrisy) that actually lists a lot of them in images. Among the things include ultrathin laptops (Macbook Air -> Intel ultrabook concept), the iMac concept (HP Profile 4), designs from Braun, even the Apple trademark was stolen from The Beatles.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
yes, pull-down notifications ARE a copy, almost directly. same concept.

Never said android invented video recording, but they certainly had it before apple. Apple was waaay behind

panoramic camera was not available first on apple, it was first on android.

And yes, the iphone 4 had the front facing camera, point is android had it FIRST.

Android DID have video calling before apple. anyone who says otherwise is just flat-out lying. I had the EVO 4G and it had video calling BEFORE apple. There were multiple choices of apps and it was first - apple came to the party last (as usual)

taking pictures while shooting video may not be unique to android, but the whole point was android had it FIRST, then apple came up with it.

multi-tasking wasn't an android original true, but android definitely had it before apple and apple STILL can't do multi-tasking right. switch back to an app and you have to wait for it to load, you can't just switch back and get right back to using it like with android.

And yes, android had wireless syncing available (via an app in the market) BEFORE apple.

tabbed browsing came to iphone with ios 5

and apple DOES have the (very limited) ability to quick launch an app from the lock screen. Look at the new ios 6, you can go directly to the camera now - where did that come from? android.

yes quick reply existed, but again, who had it first? apple or android? - exactly.

facebook integration was not taken away from android, WTF are you talking about? I use this all the time. And yes apples version isn't as good, android does it much better.

\your rebuttal of turn by turn navigation is bull and you know it. Android came with it BEFORE apple and apple could have done what they did when google pulled maps - CREATE THEIR OWN. All this time and it wasn't until the 4s that apple got turn by turn navigation and they STILL don't do it as well as android.

the fanboy force is strong within you young jedi......
He is right you ******* fandroid.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
TheHustleman is nothing more then a blind fandroid. Android copied iOS majorly look at the before iOS and after iOS shots of android.
Before iOS Android looked like a BB then after iOS it looked like IOS don't YOU DARE DENY THAT FANDROIDS, You guys think android is perfect and has all features right? WELL YOUR ******* WRONG. iOS STILL has better app quality. I HATE TRIOLL THREADS LIKE THIS.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
yes, pull-down notifications ARE a copy, almost directly. same concept.

Never said android invented video recording, but they certainly had it before apple. Apple was waaay behind

panoramic camera was not available first on apple, it was first on android.

And yes, the iphone 4 had the front facing camera, point is android had it FIRST.

Android DID have video calling before apple. anyone who says otherwise is just flat-out lying. I had the EVO 4G and it had video calling BEFORE apple. There were multiple choices of apps and it was first - apple came to the party last (as usual)

taking pictures while shooting video may not be unique to android, but the whole point was android had it FIRST, then apple came up with it.

multi-tasking wasn't an android original true, but android definitely had it before apple and apple STILL can't do multi-tasking right. switch back to an app and you have to wait for it to load, you can't just switch back and get right back to using it like with android.

And yes, android had wireless syncing available (via an app in the market) BEFORE apple.

tabbed browsing came to iphone with ios 5

and apple DOES have the (very limited) ability to quick launch an app from the lock screen. Look at the new ios 6, you can go directly to the camera now - where did that come from? android.

yes quick reply existed, but again, who had it first? apple or android? - exactly.

facebook integration was not taken away from android, WTF are you talking about? I use this all the time. And yes apples version isn't as good, android does it much better.

\your rebuttal of turn by turn navigation is bull and you know it. Android came with it BEFORE apple and apple could have done what they did when google pulled maps - CREATE THEIR OWN. All this time and it wasn't until the 4s that apple got turn by turn navigation and they STILL don't do it as well as android.

the fanboy force is strong within you young jedi......
The iPhone had tabbed browsing from iOS one YOU ARE WRONG.
Where is quick reply on my Nexus 4? tell me.
Android did not have quick launch to camera that came in android 4.0 and iOS had it before.
Wireless syncing- Apple integrated it into the whole OS and made it much better.
iOS has better facebook integration.
Turn by turn- THIS EXISTED BEFORE ANDROID.

Are you sure he is the fanboy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante