?? the L@@Ter's lounge ??

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I will see both. Love RDJr. And love Star Trek, I grew up on the original, before it was cool. :D

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

I just started watching Star Trek, still in the original series about 28 episodes in. So far I don't get it, but I've heard it gets way better, especially in the next series.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just started watching Star Trek, still in the original series about 28 episodes in. So far I don't get it, but I've heard it gets way better, especially in the next series.

The original series was kinda campy but at the time was ahead of its time for 'gadgets'. We've caught up pretty well today, except for the Tricorder, and I don't think it will be too long for that either.

I liked the movies but definitely love the latest ones. I have to say it was sorta depressing to watch the last one with the old guys in it, makes the passage of time very succinct and bittersweet. I love the Captain Kirk character, William Shatner definitely set the bar high with his sardonic personality. And Spock, well, the epitome of cool.

via Gnex

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The original series was kinda campy but at the time was ahead of its time for 'gadgets'. We've caught up pretty well today, except for the Tricorder, and I don't think it will be too long for that either.

I liked the movies but definitely love the latest ones. I have to say it was sorta depressing to watch the last one with the old guys in it, makes the passage of time very succinct and bittersweet. I love the Captain Kirk character, William Shatner definitely set the bar high with his sardonic personality. And Spock, well, the epitome of cool.

via Gnex

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-central-lounge/278749-star-trek.html

I agree I'm starting to get into some of the characters, I dunno I'm probably over analyzing something.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Original Star Trek is the best!

Sent from my SGS3 using Xparent blue Tapatalk

I disagree. It is a cult classic and was just an amazing short lived show that started it all but next generation is far superior. Don't disagree unless you have seen more then 10 episodes.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So glad my google wallet Is working again. Couple of months ago google block it from working with note 2 because it was not on the compatible device list.. Everyone was up in arms... Many many of us bombarded google with emails for the last few months and it is now working for us again.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey NothingIsTrue, have you read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind? I think you might have by your name. ;)

via Gnex

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. It is a cult classic and was just an amazing short lived show that started it all but next generation is far superior. Don't disagree unless you have seen more then 10 episodes.

I've seen every Star Trek episode of the original series dozens of times

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey NothingIsTrue, have you read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind? I think you might have by your name. ;)

via Gnex

Yes, a few times but I stopped after The Law of Nines. I'm thinking about picking up the Omen Machine real quick to get ready for The First Confessor.

The name is from Assassin's Creed, with a heavy quantum mechanical interpretation of perception reality infused in the context.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-central-lounge/278749-star-trek.html

I agree I'm starting to get into some of the characters, I dunno I'm probably over analyzing something.

I saw that thread, but didn't remember it was you. I didn't realize that about the colors either. I always thought their high water bell bottom uniforms were ridiculous looking, even for the time. The sets are pretty cheesy, especially the analog computers of the 'future', but hey, who knew better in 1965? Which episode did you see the N10 doppelganger?

via Gnex

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've seen every Star Trek episode of the original series dozens of times

Dude,, I did not question that,, re read more comment . I wss speaking about how far superior next generation is to the original.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually original only lasted 3 seasons before it was canceled,, think it was like 75 episodes total.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, a few times but I stopped after The Law of Nines. I'm thinking about picking up the Omen Machine real quick to get ready for The First Confessor.

The name is from Assassin's Creed, with a heavy quantum mechanical interpretation of perception reality infused in the context.

I've read the series a couple of times. A new Richard and Khalan novel is coming out soon, I believe. The First Confessor was released strictly in eBook format which upset a lot of people. I like having all the mediums because I switch off from reading a physical book in the living room and on my phone while waiting somewhere, Audible while falling asleep. I wish there was an app to sync all of that!

And I get the screen name, I have Assassin's Creed but haven't really played it, but I understand your concept for the name. I guess a similar concept would be Nothing Is As It Seems since reality appears solid but in truth is mostly empty space. It's cool explaining that concept to my grandchildren, they love that stuff!

via Gnex

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
james-baxter-small.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie