List of typical fanboy comments

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've always been puzzled at why stark raving glassy eyed rabid fanboys actually think that people believe the outrageous statements they make in forum posts. So I thought it might be fun to make a running list of some of the silliest ones. ie:

1. My phone never lags ever (usually in response to a known and widely reported lag problems on some devices)
2. Phone A is better than Phone B "hands down" or "no contest" (usually when comparing what everyone else feels are two roughly equal phones)

Just a couple to start off, I'll add to it as time goes on, feel free to add your own. Just no direct quotes please, we don't want to get shut down for calling out specific members.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've always been puzzled at why stark raving glassy eyed rabid fanboys actually think that people believe the outrageous statements they make in forum posts. So I thought it might be fun to make a running list of some of the silliest ones. ie:

1. My phone never lags ever (usually in response to a known and widely reported lag problems on some devices)
2. Phone A is better than Phone B "hands down" or "no contest" (usually when comparing what everyone else feels are two roughly equal phones)

Just a couple to start off, I'll add to it as time goes on, feel free to add your own. Just no direct quotes please, we don't want to get shut down for calling out specific members.

I know what you mean. I watch a YouTube channel called Raze the W0rld. There they make a good point: If you can replace Phone X with the word cake, you have no argument.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

You shoulda seen the Palm Pre Forums back in '09,'10, and '11.
It would've made your head spin.

lol

??

Last edited:

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
This one is my favorite :
My battery lasts me all day with heavy use!

Gee, funny when I barely use mine and by 9am it's plugged in the cigarette lighter

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You shoulda seen the Palm Pre Forums back in '09, lol. It would've made your head spin.

??

Hehehe, I miss the days of those polls made to try to prove a point that there was nothing wrong with the hardware. (the only phone I've personally owned that I had to make use of the warranty for a broken power button and I went through 4 of those phones in a 10 month period)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Wow, there are like 5 people that repeatedly state both of these about the S4...

Another is:

"Design Flaw". Used to describe anything that is not ideal for their personal use case.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Another is:

"Design Flaw". Used to describe anything that is not ideal for their personal use case.

Does it count if that design flaw is a result of a change from a perfectly working design that didn't have problems before?

*cough*micro-USB for charging*cough* :banghead:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Does it count if that design flaw is a result of a change from a perfectly working design that didn't have problems before?

*cough*micro-USB for charging*cough* :banghead:

I think there is a different term for that? Maybe? Design flaw seems to be, "we put it together, and this part was left over" or "Hmm, why is there this weird gap here?" Or, "yeah, best phone ever, but it electrocutes the user if they're asleep more than 5 minutes". Like, they did what they wanted, and there are unintended, "oh duh" moments. Not sure, I may be biased.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My favorite is when they say after getting the current phone they have, they could never go back to anything else smaller or from another platform.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed that everyone's "sweet spot" changes based on the device they currently have.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
My favourites from this forum is "iCrap" "you are a crapple sheep" and my absolute favourite "go suck Steve jobs **** or something I sheep"

I've been called all that on these forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My favourites from this forum is "iCrap" "you are a crapple sheep" and my absolute favourite "go suck Steve jobs **** or something I sheep"

I've been called all that on these forums

Or when your device is called a toy when it does mainly the same thing as that person's "serious" device.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Get phone: Yay, best thing ever!

Get update: So much better now! The original update was crap.

Get new phone again: This phone is da bomb. Glad to finally be rid of that last piece of junk phone. (You know, the phone that was so awesome before getting the new one.)

Lather, rinse, repeat.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Why does the no lag statement have to be a "fanboy" comment.

You have to keep in mind that when a new device is released, some (majority/minority) will have some issues. Not all.

I have owned phones with horrible lag where it takes a minute or so to change home screens (looking at you HTC Inspire), but were corrected with software updates. Devices like the HTC One and S4 are no different. Samsung was supposedly making the S4 on two or more assembly lines, which could allow for more variance between devices from each. More lag on one than the other, possible, due to hardware.

Is it the OS, possibly, due to the amount of tweaks and skinning from OEMs on the devices. Does not mean the hardware is crap, but rather the software side is not up to par. Google does not update the nexus devices constantly because it tickles their fancy, usually to fix bugs.

I own a S4, a Nokia 920 Windows Phone, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Dell 10" Windows Pro tablet. Do I see some lag on some of the devices, sure, but not to the extent that some people on these forums seem to make it out to be. Sometimes it takes the keyboard a second or two to catch up, but yhe home screens change instantaneously, apps load fast and web pages load in a proper amount of time.

Of course, some of this is in direct relation to the amount of signal I have.

So as to call some of us that don't have some of the issues stated by some over the top complainers, I guess I could be considered a "fanboy" in your eyes, but uou know what.....I don't really care how you percieve me as at the end of the day I am me and you are you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Why does the no lag statement have to be a "fanboy" comment.

You have to keep in mind that when a new device is released, some (majority/minority) will have some issues. Not all.

I have owned phones with horrible lag where it takes a minute or so to change home screens (looking at you HTC Inspire), but were corrected with software updates. Devices like the HTC One and S4 are no different. Samsung was supposedly making the S4 on two or more assembly lines, which could allow for more variance between devices from each. More lag on one than the other, possible, due to hardware.

Is it the OS, possibly, due to the amount of tweaks and skinning from OEMs on the devices. Does not mean the hardware is crap, but rather the software side is not up to par. Google does not update the nexus devices constantly because it tickles their fancy, usually to fix bugs.

I own a S4, a Nokia 920 Windows Phone, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Dell 10" Windows Pro tablet. Do I see some lag on some of the devices, sure, but not to the extent that some people on these forums seem to make it out to be. Sometimes it takes the keyboard a second or two to catch up, but yhe home screens change instantaneously, apps load fast and web pages load in a proper amount of time.

Of course, some of this is in direct relation to the amount of signal I have.

So as to call some of us that don't have some of the issues stated by some over the top complainers, I guess I could be considered a "fanboy" in your eyes, but uou know what.....I don't really care how you percieve me as at the end of the day I am me and you are you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Because a fanboy and troll are very much the same.
Often the same person.
Someone Who expects others to accept their opinion or experience. If not, the other person is either a troll or a fanboy.
To quote Comedian George Carlin:
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving
slower than you is an !diot, and anyone
going faster than you is a maniac?"
-George Carlin

So if I don't have a lag, and you say you do, you're a troll.
Or, if I have a lag, and you say you don't, you're a fanboy.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hehehe, I miss the days of those polls made to try to prove a point that there was nothing wrong with the hardware. (the only phone I've personally owned that I had to make use of the warranty for a broken power button and I went through 4 of those phones in a 10 month period)

I used my og pre for a year with no problems! When I got the og evo, I gave the pre to my nephew, he tore it up in a month! Some people just know how to take care of their things! Imho

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos