Hello everyone. New here and would like some advice. I bought the iPhone 5 last year and although I don't hate it, it's certainly over rated and over priced. I have a product replacement plan whereby I can exchange it for another if it gets damaged (wink wink nudge nudge), but I have no idea what to replace it with. The iPhone 5S certainly seems impressive, but again, Apple crap and you're a slave to iTunes, so I'm leaning in the direction of an Android. The two frontrunners are the HTC One, and Galaxy 4S. Each one is an amazing phone and would do pretty much everything I want. My biggest concern is reliability. Am I going to buy a phone then 6 months later it's shot and needs replacement? I know nothing last forever and I've had issues with Samsung in the past so I'm a little gun shy with them. So far the iPhone has been very reliable, never crashes, freezes, everything works that's supposed to work (except Siri. That's kind of useless), so maybe the iPhone is a better choice?? I just don't know. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers!
    10-17-2013 11:53 AM
    With either phone you can't go wrong that's for sure. Both phones S4 n Htc One are superb handset. The openness and customization Android offers is incfedible. As far as lags is concerned every phone lags every now n then and both these powerful handsets hardly lag. But this is true that S4 is more likely to lag as compare to Htc One. Opening gallery in S4 lags lil bit but the other features it offers like Smart Pause, Air gestures r too good while Htc One looks so sexy and the metal body gives you a premium feel. But in no case it feel better than an iPhone metal body.

Sent from my GSIII
    Gary Hollman likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:22 PM
    Hello everyone. New here and would like some advice. I bought the iPhone 5 last year and although I don't hate it, it's certainly over rated and over priced. I have a product replacement plan whereby I can exchange it for another if it gets damaged (wink wink nudge nudge), but I have no idea what to replace it with. The iPhone 5S certainly seems impressive, but again, Apple crap and you're a slave to iTunes, so I'm leaning in the direction of an Android. The two frontrunners are the HTC One, and Galaxy 4S. Each one is an amazing phone and would do pretty much everything I want. My biggest concern is reliability. Am I going to buy a phone then 6 months later it's shot and needs replacement? I know nothing last forever and I've had issues with Samsung in the past so I'm a little gun shy with them. So far the iPhone has been very reliable, never crashes, freezes, everything works that's supposed to work (except Siri. That's kind of useless), so maybe the iPhone is a better choice?? I just don't know. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers!

Honestly, I've had an HTC One X for a while now and I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever. Recently, I got an HTC One and so far so good! Everything looks good. You can't go wrong with the S4 either. I think another thing is that these two phones have a really well built support system for them. If you encounter any problems, you'll find most of your questions are already answered/solved either here or on XDA. You can go with the iPhone if you feel more comfortable with that, but all 3 phones will do what you want it to and more. Android has everything you'll ask for, so I think you'll enjoy it. Also take into consideration small things like micro sd card slots or battery size. As on the software side, either phone will offer a very pleasant experience, and if you ever grow tired, you can root, flash a rom and so much more. Android has more opportunities for you to make it YOUR phone. IOS gets kind of boring after a while. So if you need a basic summary, I think you should try out android.
    Gary Hollman likes this.
    10-23-2013 08:59 PM
    yes the cost of i 5 is lil high and some what overrate..... i have i 4 i dont think to change it.
    03-14-2014 09:30 AM