Next rant: cord cutters suck

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
That's right you "cut the cord" revolutionaries, I'm talking to you. You suck. Here's why. Because of you spurring wireless products to new heights of drooling corporate sharks driven by your wants, and backed by slapdash engineers who got their certification from some second rate online educational facility, wireless tech sucks.

The firmware on modems and routers is notoriously abysmal and the compatibility between different modems, routers, and the receiving wifi adapters on different computers, gaming consoles, tablets, phones, printers etc is a bloody godawful mess. The end result is a constant game of having to switch out these devices and routers and/or the software driving them so that they ALL work on the same wireless network. Don't even get me started on how many streaming protocols there are which not only differ depending on the device, but are buggy as heck. Probably due to Microsoft's brilliant idea to introduce the dummy proof .NET to allow people who couldn't handle real coding to become the scourge of tech companies who've all ended up hiring these halfwits.

Speed...
Need I say more?

You want to know what does work, works extremely well, is easier and faster (not to mention more secure)? CORDS damn you! A wired LAN. A wired printer. An ethernet wired PS4 or XBox. A wire from your tablet/laptop to your TV. My biggest regret when I built my current house is that I didn't wire the living FU** out of every nook and cranny in the house with Cat5 or 6 cable.

/rant
:D

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There is one cord use that I feel sucks as much as you feel wireless does. Micro USB for power/charging. Ever since phones went to them, I'm lucky to get 6 months good use out of one before I have to replace it. So much for saving the environment by using a universal connection. I've thrown out more cables in the past 4 years (when I got my first micro USB device) than all of my portable devices prior. The days of a power cord lasting the life of the device are apparently gone for good.

That's my rant for today's tech. ;)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There is one cord use that I feel sucks as much as you feel wireless does. Micro USB for power/charging. Ever since phones went to them, I'm lucky to get 6 months good use out of one before I have to replace it. So much for saving the environment by using a universal connection. I've thrown out more cables in the past 4 years (when I got my first micro USB device) than all of my portable devices prior. The days of a power cord lasting the life of the device are apparently gone for good.

That's my rant for today's tech. ;)

MicroUSB cables are fine a dozen so no complain for me. At least it's not the microUSB port on the phone you're complaining about. I personally find microUSB female jack on phones to be extremely flimsy and easy to break, terrible invention imo, it's worse that they have to make them as the TV output too. The only manufacturer I've used that make durable ones I experienced is Sony, but I haven't used their recent phones.

I do like what LG did by making the charging unit for their phone removable so easy to replace as the soldering points for those microUSB are too small for me to work on by hand.

I miss phones that have dedicated microHDMI ports though. So much for Miracast it's useless since most people don't have a TV that support it and its going to be out of sync with what's happening the device anyway.

If I create a rant it'll probably be about how much I hate MTP file transfer.

sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Can't argue with you guys there, micro usb ports can be a bit flimsy. I'm more against wireless from a compatibility, speed, and stability point of view though

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I kind of agree about .net, here I am teaching myself c/c++ and java because my community college is basically a Microsoft shop. They only teach c#.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz