Visit site
[ PICTURE REMOVED BY MODERATOR ]

y2egujem.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
No offense mods (or perhaps more accurately the minority responsible for complaints that prompted the removal ) surely if this vendor can wear a thong in a public event without hassle surely a photo of her at the event should be fine. Political correctness gets taken too far.

I would like it reinstated please.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
No offense mods (or perhaps more accurately the minority responsible for complaints that prompted the removal ) surely if this vendor can wear a thong in a public event without hassle surely a photo of her at the event should be fine. Political correctness gets taken too far.

I support showing the image. This happened at a public place and therefore should be treated as public material.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Most important we are a family friendly forum and certain things are better left to display elsewhere.

I support showing the image. This happened at a public place and therefore should be treated as public material.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to pay to enter Comic Con, therefore its not technically a " public place ". Android Central and Mobile Nations is a public forum that you may visit freely but you are required to agree to TOS and create an account to post in the forums and we have rules and guidelines that must be followed while here.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Understood, I don't want to end up in a debate about what constitutes being out in public she did have to get to the venue after all. I don't understand why this is any different than someone on a beach in a bikini. If I had posted a "show us your homescreen" with a sports illustrated swimsuit model, nobody would have blinked an eye, right? I still feel this was overdone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If I had posted a "show us your homescreen" with a sports illustrated swimsuit model, nobody would have blinked an eye, right?

I am not sure that is true. While some things do go unseen or unnoticed, once reported the response is pretty consistent on those matters. We generally do not discuss moderation events in threads, however I have no issue sharing that two former members ceased being members just yesterday for that very thing. It can a difficult line for some denizens to walk without stepping over.

I still feel this was overdone.

And having read the very same rules that Paul mentioned earlier, I'm sure you noticed that they explicitly state, 1) "If you have a complaint or issue with a moderator, please bring it up privately via private message." and 2) " Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all moderator decisions are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action."

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you for clarifying the above. I just have a general question, not a complaint - from what I gather from your clarification above, if someone finds, for a similar example a string bikini photo offensive, even though they're perfectly acceptable and legal in public, would that be removed? To add to that, beaches and swimming pools are commonly family environments. I ask because if say 100 viewers had no issue with it, they wouldn't bother commenting to the staff, but it could be removed on the opinion of 2 or 3. Am I understanding how this works correctly?

I'm not taking issue / complaining, just seeking further clarification from any staff that will read this, so a PM reply is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok thank you for clarifying the above. I just have a general question, not a complaint - from what I gather from your clarification above, if someone finds, for a similar example a string bikini photo offensive, even though they're perfectly acceptable and legal in public, would that be removed? To add to that, beaches and swimming pools are commonly family environments. I ask because if say 100 viewers had no issue with it, they wouldn't bother commenting to the staff, but it could be removed on the opinion of 2 or 3. Am I understanding how this works correctly?

It'd be reviewed based on the report and that leaves the possibility of removal, but that's not automatic. Essentially that's an admin decision on whether or not the content fits with the intended image/culture of the site. Unfortunately, that makes it case by case.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty