Sony Z2 or Samsung Galaxy S5 - which would you choose?

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now I know that this is going to be a very emotive subject and people have an overtly emotional response whenever 'Samsung' is mentioned, but both these phones are going to be available in the UK imminently, and both look excellent. I am due an upgrade soon and for the life of me I cannot decide which I prefer; they both look so good.

Personally, I use my phone to read, and Samsung's B&W mode and AMOLED screen are useful here, I like to go running and both the Samsung and Sony both have fitness stuff built in. I also spend a fair bit of my leisure time walking outdoors and bird watching. Both are water resistant (I know the Sony is more so) and the Sony has an awesome digital stereo mic which would be great for recording bird calls. Both look like they have excellent cameras.

The Samsung has a removable battery, but the Sony has a bigger battery. I use an Xbox not a PS so that doesn't make a difference. The Sony has stereo speakers, and noise cancellation. I am a huge music fan so that helps, but I loved my Note and GS3. I am not mentioning the HTC M8 as I already have the HTC One and I don't like to get the same phone twice in a row.

So, which one would you choose out of these two? I genuinely cannot decide!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay, now I know that this is going to be a very emotive subject and people have an overtly emotional response whenever 'Samsung' is mentioned, but both these phones are going to be available in the UK imminently, and both look excellent. I am due an upgrade soon and for the life of me I cannot decide which I prefer; they both look so good.

Personally, I use my phone to read, and Samsung's B&W mode and AMOLED screen are useful here, I like to go running and both the Samsung and Sony both have fitness stuff built in. I also spend a fair bit of my leisure time walking outdoors and bird watching. Both are water resistant (I know the Sony is more so) and the Sony has an awesome digital stereo mic which would be great for recording bird calls. Both look like they have excellent cameras.

The Samsung has a removable battery, but the Sony has a bigger battery. I use an Xbox not a PS so that doesn't make a difference. The Sony has stereo speakers, and noise cancellation. I am a huge music fan so that helps, but I loved my Note and GS3. I am not mentioning the HTC M8 as I already have the HTC One and I don't like to get the same phone twice in a row.

So, which one would you choose out of these two? I genuinely cannot decide!

It's a hard decision, but I would go for the Sony Z2. I think it's a wonderful phone. Don't get me wrong, the S5 is a great phone. It seems to me that Sony is trying its hardest to improve whereas Samsung is doing a lot more of the same. I'm sure both will do whatever you want them to do, but that's just my two cents.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I waver between the two. It hasn't helped that Google are now preparing their watch OS..... Sony are listening, finally... after years of making stupid tech decisions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech