Suggestions on new device??

jayrthomas

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My company recently obtained an employee discount from Verizon, so I'm looking to move from T-Mobile over to Verizon. I've always liked Verizon's coverage and devices, but their higher prices have always kept me away. With the discount, it makes it competitive with my current plan, so I'm looking to move. My question is, can someone help me decide on a device? I have a Motorola Cliq now. I've rooted it to get 2.1 on, so I'm familiar with the software, but it's pretty unstable. Prior to the Cliq, I had a Blackberry, so I'm comfortable having a physical keyboard. However, I also have an iPod Touch, and I've used that to write emails, so it's not completely foreign using a touchscreen. I've been looking at both the Droid 2 and the Droid X. I'd be open to other Android devices, but I'm not sure which to look at. The most important features to me are a stable device that runs smoothly, efficiently and quickly and I download a lot of podcasts and stream audio and video, so I think the battery life is important. Can anyone offer up some suggestions? Thanks!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Droid X or the Fascinate. I'm biased and prefer the Fascinate but I know the X is pretty awesome, too, and might have slightly better battery life than my Samsung does.

I wasn't sure I'd like an all touch phone either (I had Droids and a Droid 2 before I gave up on Motorola and got this), but I bought SwiftKey which I like a lot. There are definitely apps out there that make the keyboard/typing experience better. :)

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you travel overseas? If so, then holding out for the Droid Pro may be a good way to go. Other than that, visit the store and see which you like the look and feel of best. For me the X is great since I wanted a multimedia phone, if you want to hack it you may be better off with an Incredible, Samsung's screen is supposed to be great (I haven't seen one in person), etc. Each phone has a decent number of plusses and a few minuses so you may need to rank them yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol