I absolutely positively hate Fedex (feedback welcomed)

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I made a purchase about 4 weeks ago via Dell's website for a Windows 8 device that I was hoping to use on a business trip that starts next week. I've been out of town for the past 2 weeks and thus asked Fed-Ex to hold all deliveries to my house until 4/18.

Apparently, Fedex thought I wanted my deliveries held THROUGH the 18th. Thus, I took my vacation hold off and contacted Fedex at least 4 times this week to confirm delivery. Each time I was assured by the rep that my package would be delivered on Thursday. Thursday comes and goes with no contact from Fedex.

I call them on Friday and they insist that the package will be delivered. The agent claims they contacted the local facility and insists it'll be delivered. Friday comes and goes and I contact Fedex again only to hear that they didn't attempt to deliver the package. So at this point I'm beyond infuriated. I ask to speak to a supervisor and the agent contacts the local facility and I speak with a local supervisor who tells me that she cannot locate the package but when she locates it, she'll contact me or I can call and pick up the item once its found.

This morning I check the status and find that it's on a delivery vehicle, due to be delivered on MONDAY. I contact the local facility and my call goes to voicemail. I contact their 800 number and am told that the local facility is closed for today. I'm guessing the supervisor I spoke with yesterday was either high, or too idiotic to realize that her facility is closed today, either that or she flat out lied to me.

At this point, I think I'm going to refuse to do business with ANY merchant that uses Fedex as a shipper. As bad as UPS and the USPS can be at times, I don't think I've ever dealt with this much incompetence in such a small span of time from the same company.

rav813

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I've had nothing but good dealings with FedEx, including packages held, picking them up early at the facility, etc. Once I even had them tell me their driver's route so I could meet him and get my package before catching a flight since he would not have made it to my house in time.

Posted via Android Central App