Cyber Power PC Help

MeOverTrance

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
The Situation : As of late my mom has been getting more and more into technology. She recently saw the Amazon's Lightning Deal on the Archos 5 and was obsessed with it. She is very against desktop as we travel a lot and everyone in the family has a laptop ( me included). I eventually convinced her to take my laptop and buy me a desktop. I have a pretty decent laptop ( ASUS Republic of gamers G60vx ) and it hauls. I will be doing a clean install of Windows 7 so it's nice and fresh.

The Problem
: Now for the problem. I have NO experience shopping for desktops and I found that CyberPowerPC has very good prices. My budget is as of right now 500-600 dollars. This limits me to a decent AMD desktop. Thing is, I have no idea what the desktop specs are ( I've only shopped for laptops, and that only twice) and what's good for a desktop. To make it even worse, the customization is RIDICULOUS. It allows you to choose from hundreds of different towers, fans, hard drives, and everything about it.

The Ideal Desktop : I am HUGE on multitasking. I spend hours on WoW, with 2-3 youtube pages in the back, a word document open and several forums running in the back too. Again, I can only spend up to 600 ( keyboard and mouse come free I believe ) . It needs to be able to run for hours and hours without a hitch ( not sure if the default case fans are enough ) . Again I stress how limitless the customization is. This is really putting some stress on me and reminds me of how un-tech-ish I am with desktops.

And finally, the cure. I was wondering if anyone who has experience with customizing and / or buying computers from that website could help me. Maybe you only want to tell me the important things to look out for ? Maybe you just want to list a few things I want to avoid ? Maybe you want to be my BFF and pick every single thing out so I can't mess up and go wrong ? No matter what you do I will <3 long time ;) and appreciate it. Thanks in advance ~

Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay