google voice question (not asking for a invite)

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i just actually got my invite today and set it up and i must say it's pretty much what i was looking for as a visual voice mail service that i dont have to pay verizon for. here is the question though. i always heard that when sombody got their invite they had a few invites they could send to friends or family. is that true? and if so how would you do that?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i just actually got my invite today and set it up and i must say it's pretty much what i was looking for as a visual voice mail service that i dont have to pay verizon for. here is the question though. i always heard that when sombody got their invite they had a few invites they could send to friends or family. is that true? and if so how would you do that?

Not every account gets invites. I have two Google Voice accounts, one currently has 3 invites, the other has zero. If you have any to give, they are on the left hand side at the bottom below "inbox" "voicemail" and etc.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
thanks i appreciate the help. as sad as it is, i really enjoyed calling verizon and canceling my vvm from them.

she was like "so why is it that you want to cancel this service?" so i gave her the mose obvious response "i just got google voice and its free"....... "oh...."

at this point verizon either needs to give it as a free option for smart phones or once the invite only thing is over everybody will prob have google voice

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
thanks i appreciate the help. as sad as it is, i really enjoyed calling verizon and canceling my vvm from them.

she was like "so why is it that you want to cancel this service?" so i gave her the mose obvious response "i just got google voice and its free"....... "oh...."

at this point verizon either needs to give it as a free option for smart phones or once the invite only thing is over everybody will prob have google voice

No problem!

Verizon has really opened up the past year or so. Their devices used to be locked down tight. The release of Android on Verizon has basically opened the floodgates in that aspect. No more VZ Navigator, VCast, etc. I don't know if Verizon will ever make their VVM free, but I guess time will only tell. Google Voice still has a lot of maturing to do, as their voice recognition is pretty awful right now. But hey, it's free. I can't complain.

eventnick

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm that the way the invites are handed out on Google Voice are pretty arbitrary to me. Also, don't expect VZW to ever make their VVM free

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just activated GV last night and chose to keep my current number since I have had it for so many years. This limits features, but I have to say it is awesome anyway. I was looking for sms notifications and individual VM greetings. I got both. Fantastic idea Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke