Kole Wheeler

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello I'm new to the forum and will soon be switching to android from windows phone. Although I love wp, I need a new high-end phone and thats just not available on wp at the moment. Plus I just want to try something different. I'm on t-mobile and feel the best choices for me are either the z3 or g3. What are the pros and cons of each, from an "real-life" perspective? software? lag? camera? battery? etc.. and which one would you choose?

PS I don't think I would want a note 4 or nexus 6 because they are too big.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have no experience with either phone other than playing with the g3 at the store. I can only do my best to direct you to the respective forums for those phones. Each group will offer you a plethora of things on why you should by each phone. It's not much but I hope it helps. The screen on the LG is awesome though and so are the ergonomics.

Posted via the Android Central App

w3stchAmp

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I have no experience either but I'm a big fan of Sony phones so I'm biased to choose Z3 over G3. I often compare two phones on gsmarena to check the phone specifications.

shinkaide

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, both phones are really nice, so it's hard to go wrong with either, I suppose.

Personally, though, I like how the Z3 looks hardware-wise more than the G3 (I don't like how the buttons on the back look, and I'm no fan of the odd-looking LG logo being prominent on the front either). The Z3 also has better battery life, as much as the G3 is pretty good in that regard. I don't see how having a QHD display on a small device is useful, though, and I'm of the opinion that 1080p is already very nice for hand-held devices like smartphones; to me, the hit battery life takes isn't worth it when it comes to ridiculously high screen resolutions in this case.

gant02

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought today a Z3. I hesitate between G3 & Z3 but i preferred the Z3 design and reviews seems better for sony. G3 suffer of its QHD screen for game performance. For me a QHD screen is too much for nothing.
Another point is also that in France you have 1 chance on 5 to win a ps4 if you buy a Z3 before the end of the year :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon