Banned from the verge

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was banned twice there because Microsoft Tribe people there can't have a rational conversation.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It's one comment under the hello that guy 598

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Lol I don't care the verge is just a bunch of the leftist new york twenty somethings posting click bait the crazy thing is I was a fan of the site when it launched sad the way it's become

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Ya they are lol but ppl on that site have been banned for much less

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ouch... what'd you do? Any comment in particular?
Usually you can get banned for dumb stuff, for example a bunch of people personally attacked on a thread I made, then I got banned even though a good number (4-5) members called me a assortment of names.

Got to the verge now and look at the article about the guy with the shirt which they called "sexist" mods are deleting comments left and right, which they don't agree with.

I'm glad I got banned, The Verge went downhill.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Lol you guessed it that's were I got banned lol

chris9000

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Assuming op wasn't being intentionally rude, and I'll make that assumption and give him the benefit of the doubt, this isn't a surprise.

TV's writers write like they're beholden to Cuperton. It's no secret that they tend to do gadget reviews with what appears to be two sets of standards. One for Apple devices and another for Androids.

chris9000

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Cnet's journalistic quality has also been going down the drain recently too. Fwiw, I truly think other websites out there deserve more traffic than these second rate clickbaiters.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, The Verge lets a lot of people get away with systematic trolling and there is a lot of swearing and personal attacks. I would say the ban threshold is much higher there than it is in Mobile Nations, which makes MN a superior overall experience. Although there are certainly exceptions to the rule, if someone is getting consistently banned from forums and thinks he or she is a victim, it's generally a case of "denial ain't just a river in Egypt."

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, The Verge lets a lot of people get away with systematic trolling and there is a lot of swearing and personal attacks. I would say the ban threshold is much higher there than it is in Mobile Nations, which makes MN a superior overall experience. Although there are certainly exceptions to the rule, if someone is getting consistently banned from forums and thinks he or she is a victim, it's generally a case of "denial ain't just a river in Egypt."
I disagree The Verge disallows a lot of opinions that differ from the authors or mods opinions. I still read them regularly, but if you reqd the comments there, people complain about moderation all the time.

I myself had a lot of comments deleted for saying things that mods didn't like. When I left, a lot of people were talking about leaving the Verge and even now, a lot of names that I saw all the time when I participated there aren't there anymore.

Moderation has gotten out of hand there.

rews

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I spend more of my time in Google+ than I do in forums now. You can moderate your own posts there instead of having to wait for a mod. Also once you block trolls, they're prevented after that from being able to reply to any more of your posts even if it's not your post. Community moderators don't have access to your web info either, like IP address etc. Only Google has that info.

Tom Miller3

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I also think that the time of sites like the verge is gone...I mean tthat it is not what it was at the beginning...we really need to be careful what to comment and how to comment it...when it comes to big brands like apple and microsoft - good or nothing :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1