I find android for tablets to be lacking

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I love android for phones but I've gone between the nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I found the apps, battery life , and overall feel to be lacking compared to iPads. The amount of quality apps and fragmentation to be an issue and battery life is a major need to be fixed. I for example could never use the American Express tablet app because it said it wasn't compatible with my tablet and no way would I want to side load a banking app and use that imo. Other apps had issues with stability and even working.

I'm curious into would devs ever be open to fixing these software issues at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had iPads and a Note 10.1 and now a Tab S, and so far I'm liking it a lot! My tablet will sustain a heavy day's use without issues. The apps that I use are all available and run smoothly. I gave up on the iPad because of the OS restrictions, but yeah, iPads do have better stand-by battery life and usually iOS-only apps are more polished, I agree. But still wouldn't make me want to go back to an iPad.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had iPads and a Note 10.1 and now a Tab S, and so far I'm liking it a lot! My tablet will sustain a heavy day's use without issues. The apps that I use are all available and run smoothly. I gave up on the iPad because of the OS restrictions, but yeah, iPads do have better stand-by battery life and usually iOS-only apps are more polished, I agree. But still wouldn't make me want to go back to an iPad.

I loved the Tab S 10.5 but the apps didn't run well and few apps wasn't compatible for it and I blame issues with apps because of the exynos cpu. I had xcom on my iPad Air at the time and ran very smooth. Got it on android and ran fine on the note 3 at the time I tried it which had the snapdragon 800 cpu , 3 gb of ram but didn't run well on the Tab S 10.5 which had its exynos cpu and 3 Gb of ram . Was very laggy. The android tablet and phone obviously blows out the iPad in terms of on paper specs with its dual core cpu and 1gb of ram but ran the game smoothly vs the android tablet. Phone runs it fine though . There was a few other apps I ran into the same issue . Battery life for me was pretty poor. I would be lucky to get 4 hours of screen time aka usage where I am getting at minimum 6 hours on my iPad Air 2.

I'm considering a nexus 9 or perhaps waiting for a new Samsung tablet refresh around the 8 inch size and hopefully fixes my issues. I just wish android devs fix the issues with apps and compatibility with the different CPUs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, may be the apps you use specifically. I've run plenty of apps in there and all run smoothly and without issues. The only apps that had issues when I tried them were the MS Office beta apps. Since then and since the 10.5 is not supported as a 'free to create/edit' tablet, I never bothered with trying the official release.