My HTC One (M7) has finally given up the ghost. I was expecting to upgrade to the S6 or M9 on a 2 year contract, but neither phone really wow me and I can't wait for the other phones to it the shelves due to my current handset verging on spouting fire!

So, I'm thinking of going with a G3 or Moto X (2014) on a single year contract and then seeing what is out and about this time next year for a flagship phone.

Simple question then, are the G3 or Moto X light years behind the latest flagships, or would I be fine with one of them for a year and won't suffer TOO much performance wise? And I guess, is the G3 a much better phone than the Moto X?
    04-02-2015 03:45 AM
    They are both still great phones.. Things to consider though.. If you want a good camera, that'll be the g3. But if you want a good software experience, that'll be the Moto X. I'm sure either one will easily last you a year, but its up to you which one you want to go that year with.

Posted via the Android Central App
    TonyHove likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:20 AM
    My HTC One (M7) has finally given up the ghost. I was expecting to upgrade to the S6 or M9 on a 2 year contract, but neither phone really wow me and I can't wait for the other phones to it the shelves due to my current handset verging on spouting fire!

So, I'm thinking of going with a G3 or Moto X (2014) on a single year contract and then seeing what is out and about this time next year for a flagship phone.

Simple question then, are the G3 or Moto X light years behind the latest flagships, or would I be fine with one of them for a year and won't suffer TOO much performance wise? And I guess, is the G3 a much better phone than the Moto X?
    Both phones are good phones and would still be relevant past a year I would think.
    04-02-2015 09:35 AM
    Moto X would be IMO the best overall phone on the market if the camera was a little better and the battery life didn't blow. Be aware that the battery life sucks. That's the one thing that is really ruining an otherwise great phone for me.
    04-13-2015 07:19 AM
    Moto X would be IMO the best overall phone on the market if the camera was a little better and the battery life didn't blow. Be aware that the battery life sucks. That's the one thing that is really ruining an otherwise great phone for me.
    I actually get 5 hrs plus sot with my moto. Really haven't experienced bad battery life, now the camera on the other hand is another story, its not that bad though

Moto X 2014
    04-13-2015 08:20 AM
    I actually get 5 hrs plus sot with my moto. Really haven't experienced bad battery life, now the camera on the other hand is another story, its not that bad though

Moto X 2014
    The fact that the battery is not removable is a big issue. I have to charge about 3 times a day. Think that battery will last 2 years? I doubt it.
    04-13-2015 08:53 PM