Why Android Central is the best

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I am here to describe why I favor Android Central Forums. So recently I got banned or something from androidforums.com because someone bricked there phone installing my untested ROM. I clearly stated the ROM was untested. I was so sure it would work I said I was 100 percent sure it would work. About one day later the thread is closed and the moderators where upset. On Android Central the moderators would have said "Don't do that and fix the ROM" and androidforums.com moderators where really really upset and like almost killed me with PMs and stuff. (See the thread here: http://androidforums.com/threads/wip-cyanogenmod-11-for-lg-ultimate-2.921235/#post-6991132) Then about 8 hours later the moderaters get REALLY REALLY REALLY angry at my LG G3 ROM port for the LG Ultimate 2! (http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-g3-rom-port-for-the-lg-ultimate-2.918502/page-8#post-6991469) and yes I see how it fraud but its not extreme. The mods here would have said "This is fraud please remove it and have a nice day" Instead on androidforums.com they told me I had a 5-point infraction and I will be banned for 2 weeks. I have never had a moderater say anything more than "Towelroot will only work on kernels made before June 3 2014" The page I posted was how to get a free replacement for your phone.

I can't describe my love for Android Central. I like it here because 1. Everybody is nice and really polite 2. It does not feel like everybody is against you 3. Developers work with each other 4. Other developers give credits to other one.

Well I had to say something about it so I posted here to help people understand that Android Central is the best in terms of good moderators. On AF they took my dev badge away and said:

"Hi,

I regret that we're compelled to remove your status as a recognized Developer.

Your application was approved without the requisite endorsements due to an oversight.

Review of your activities has revealed that you have gone from first root to recognized Developer rather rapidly and that you haven't had the opportunity to gain the experience necessary for the position.

Unfortunately, we're now seeing complaints including ROMs with no phone app and have noted a tendency for your posts to drift off topic in rom threads, and be somewhat loose in crediting derivative works.

We need all the good developers we can get and I hope that you'll keep trying despite this bump in the road.

Best regards,
Android Forums"

First root? Really? I first rooted a phone all the way back in Nov 7 2014! And I am a developer! As for bricking phones I listed the ROM as Not booting and not tested. I ported MiUI to the LG Ally and ported a LG G3 ROM to the LG Ultimate 2! And they call me not a dev. And I really don't post of topic. Someone asked if I could make a recovery for the LG G Stylo on a LG Leon root thread. And not giving credits? Really? I give proper credits to almost every developer, but they are in a spoiler box because I like to keep things neat and clean.

Well thank you Android Central for actually caring about the users!

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats unfortunate that you had problems elsewhere and we tend not to discuss any problems outside of Android Central or the Mobile Nations communities.

We support our developers as long as they follow developer rules we have posted in our Forums Rules & Guidelines. We also like to see source and any proper credits to any kernels, etc. especially if its used or borrowed from another developer. We tend to stay out of any bickering that occurs in these situations and if it does happen we expect those involved to handle themselves in a professional manor and take it privately to PM so the public doesn't have to be involved.

Only other thing we do stress and this is to developer and members.. FLASH ANY DEVELOPER FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME. We know 99.9% of the time most developers are honest and helpful folks who will help people out using their files and or ROMs/kernels but occasionally there is a few bad apples in the mix and we will take necessary action to remove those who don't own up to a problem or help try and resolve an issue.

That's all I have to say.. Carry on.

- Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thats unfortunate that you had problems elsewhere and we tend not to discuss any problems outside of Android Central or the Mobile Nations communities.

We support our developers as long as they follow developer rules we have posted in our Forums Rules & Guidelines. We also like to see source and any proper credits to any kernels, etc. especially if its used or borrowed from another developer. We tend to stay out of any bickering that occurs in these situations and if it does happen we expect those involved to handle themselves in a professional manor and take it privately to PM so the public doesn't have to be involved.

Only other thing we do stress and this is to developer and members.. FLASH ANY DEVELOPER FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME. We know 99.9% of the time most developers are honest and helpful folks who will help people out using their files and or ROMs/kernels but occasionally there is a few bad apples in the mix and we will take necessary action to remove those who don't own up to a problem or help try and resolve an issue.

That's all I have to say.. Carry on.

- Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

This is good information for every developer on android central. I do like how you guys handle issues by sending PM's and stuff because its done in a very professional way. Well anyway keep up the good work Android Central moderators!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance