Why can't anyone make....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
this phone:

• 5.5" or so screen, with slim side bezels, and as good in sunlight as Samsung's SAMOLED screens
  • loud, front facing speakers - don't really care if the audio quality is perfect, but it would make using the phone as a GPS so much better.
  • SD card
  • If not a removable battery, at least 3000 mAmp
  • Reasonable internal specs. A Snapdragon 808 is plenty fast enough for most things, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage (if SD card is present), or 64GB without charging $100 for $10 worth of RAM,

None of this is hard. None of it is even that expensive. Each piece of it is available from someone, but no one puts it all together. Samsung gets the screen right, and on the Note 5, the battery is fine, but has lousy sound and a rear facing speaker. HTC and maybe Motorola get the sound right, but not the battery or screen. LG gets the battery and SD card, but not the sound or screen.

I might well pay a $100 premium for a phone that did it all. I'm probably not the first to complain about this, and probably won't be the last, but I'm tired of manufacturers cutting corners when the technology is readily available.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why would they want to make a "perfect" phone? They want you to buy the one next year so they have to leave some of the goodies out ;).

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
But next year's phone will most likely have the same weaknesses. Or maybe even more. The Samsung S5 ticks all the boxes but sound. The S6 and Note 5 lose the removable battery and SD card. While moving forward in some respects, they've gone backwards in others. The LG G4 doesn't offer anything much different than the G3 beyond a faster processor, ditto the latest variation of the htc one. None of the vendors are actually addressing the features they lack, they're just making the same phone with some minor internal changes.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd take those specs, minus the SAMOLED screens. I'd prefer to have one that displays true colors, especially whites. Which just proves there is no perfect phone, because everyone's idea of perfect is a little different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma