Found these on Craigslist

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed here in the chicago area the scammers will just copy and paste from random ads, and half the time the text will make no sense.

Its funny how the scams come and go. A year ago if you put a smartphone on craigslist you'd get the morons trying to convince you they were purchasing the phone for someone "on assignment in Haiti". The most recent one Ive seem is"for a pastors son on a mission field"; have gotten that one a few times recently.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I rarely put things up on ebay for "buy it now". I remember a few times where it was money coming from haiti and I needed to give them my account. Then one time, this person kept doing the buy it now and then ask me for my name and paypal email, which I told them just click the pay and it will guide you there. After going back and fourth, I gave him my email. Then he sent me a fake email with fake info saying I was paid via Paypal. I pretty much told him he is a scammer and I will not send and you can contact ebay and whoever else since you tried to scam me but you failed. Then he sent a fake email from some police and I just told him to piss off and I will not send unless cops are at my door.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That's why I only do local cash only on Craigslist, and only Lower 48 States and Pay Pal for ebay sales.

I actually don't even use ebay anymore...only craigslist. Ebay fees got to be to much and I prefer face to face and cash in hand. I'm actually sitting ina mcdonalds right waiting for someone to buy my old 3gs.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ebay is a bit much now. They already make enough and they want more. I remember when they started, they allowed two pictures or something like that. Now they want to charge for each additional pic.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya, "times are a changing".... I don't go near EBay anymore. I use Craigslist or wait for good deals instore. I have this thing about paying for something and not having it then. Hate waiting for snail mail.

I did get a Nook Color that day for 125$... emailed the kid, meet him at city hall(was the half way spot)... turned it on to check it... gave him cash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar