Trying to find a large Android Tablet. Suggestions?

Jeff Watts

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to replace my laptop altogether. It's dying, and I don't want to buy one that has windows 10. I want a flat one, so that kills the Samsung View 18.4, with it's permanently attached stand that doesn't fold down. I understand that the Galaxy pro 12 is also discontinued.

I want something between 12" and 18", Bigger is better. It needs to be able to run MS office. (Word, Excell, Powerpoint) I'd like to have a USB port, but that's not a deal killer, as I can get a docking hub with USB ports, and HDMI. Bluetooth is more of a need than a want, I'd like to be able to install a 128 gig micro SD card, but again, not a deal breaker, as I carry a 1T external hard drive.

The only thing I can find is the HP Slate pro 12. Any other options out there?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In my experience, even the most powerful Android tablets don't quite work well as laptop replacements. Browsing will always be noticeably slower on a mobile browser vs a desktop browser, so unless you can do everything you need using apps alone, you might be disappointed. Have you considered a Chromebook?