Star Wars: The Force Awakens

If you've seen it - how would you rate Star Wars: The Force Awakens on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So - I haven't seen the new Star Wars movie yet - but can't wait to see it. Simple poll here - on a scale of 1-10 (for those that have seen it)... how would you rate the movie?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been once but I'll be going again next week.

Very enjoyable.

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw it in IMAX 3D. Well worth the money. It looks like a setup for episode VIII . . . very open ended . . .

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
10 for me. I watched it with the gf -- 2 days later we both took our dads to see it (first time for them -- 2nd time for us) :). I loved it. I even went and pre-ordered it already on digital media haha :D.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No, not at all, no. I do agree with the critics regarding the similarities to Episode IV. But the alleged problem with the prequels was that they weren't enough like the original trilogy.

So, yes, Episode VII has familiar tones but fans sort of asked for this. Overall the story is good, engaging, and compelling to audiences new and old.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I give it a 4. Left the theater feeling meh, not much new or original to it. It's basically a reboot with various plot lines taken from the original 3 movies, but with a weak main villain, glaring plot holes you could fly a Star Destroyer through and too many things regarding the Force that go against prior Star Wars canon.

What's the last 9 or 10 movies that you saw?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I left my first viewing feeling a little "meh" myself. Went back a second time. I definitely had a different perspective. Plot similarities to the original trilogy aside, Episode VII is well made and entertaining. With the sequels to put it in perspective, I only expect it to get better.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what relevance that has here, but they are:
The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies
Jupiter Ascending
Wedding Ringer
Ex Machina
McFarland, USA
Avengers - Age of Ultron
Trainwreck