your favorite launcher?

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I like the standard Google launcher. But I do have an Asus ZenPad (Lollipop) tablet, and it uses the Asus ZenUI launcher which is really nice. So I checked the Play store and downloaded it for my Moto E 2nd Gen (Lollipop).

It's nice on the phone, too. It gets really great reviews.

I also tried the Microsoft launcher -- Arrow Launcher. It is pretty cool too the way they have it set up. You swipe left to see recent communications (whether it's a phone call, instant message, SMS, email, etc) in order of time. But I like the Asus ZenUI better.

Any others that I should try out?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I like ZenUI on my ZenFone 2 as well. Lots of nice customization features.

Nova Launcher is always a good one to try as well.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I love Next 3D, but it is pricy (US$16 I think) and you'll want a decently fast phone to run it with all the effects it has. I will say the performance trade-off is worth it for how sweet it looks and works. The circular dock can be customized with differing "pages" you can swipe through for additional icons. I also have a gesture set to have it drop down out of view with a single finger swipe up or down on the home screen. I also set a two finger swipe up or down to show and hide the app drawer. This way I can leave the dock hidden while still having app access.

It also has various 3D effects when tapping icons and swiping through home screens and tons of themes to customize it further. There's also widgets customized for it, and I use one to allow a double tap to lock the screen. It's the most visually advanced launcher I've seen and runs smooth as silk on modern flagships.

The only downside is customer support seems non-existent. Thankfully I haven't had any problems worth fussing with, but I never got a response the few times I have emailed the developers about something. It's been pretty much a trouble free app for me, so I'm not too concerned about that.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is Nova Prime. I originally tried the free version and liked it enough to buy the Prime version.

I especially like using the gestures.

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought Nova Prime today. I tried the free version and liked it so I wanted the extra features of the $5 paid version. It lets you change/personalize pretty much everything.

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Buzz Launcher! It's fully customizable and it makes you feel in control of the look.
Although, it is a bit technical and not easy to start off at first.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
c2b14f256be7fa08c5f9618f31077b8b.jpg

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice wallpaper, Joshua!

I bought Nova Prime a while back when it was 99 cents too! What a great launcher. Though I will admit going back to Google Now once in a while.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Nice wallpaper, Joshua!

I bought Nova Prime a while back when it was 99 cents too! What a great launcher. Though I will admit going back to Google Now once in a while.

Yeah, I also swap out launchers. Just went back to Google Now Launcher after a long stint with Action Launcher 3.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a G4 and I hate the LG stock icons which is the reason why I stick to Nova or a custom launcher that allows me to change the icons.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a G4 and I hate the LG stock icons which is the reason why I stick to Nova or a custom launcher that allows me to change the icons.

Icon packs are one of the most appealing features in regards to launchers. And when I learned about Awesome Icons, I went to town on Google Now Launcher, changing all my dock and folder icons.

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I made a screenshot of my Moto E today. It's running Nova Prime and the "Alos" icon pack (99 cents). I only use the phone in landscape phone, so I love that Nova lets you lock it into whatever screen orientation you prefer instead of the screen jerking from portrait to landscape and back.

I keep the "app" icon in the bottom left -- sort of like how most desktop OS's have their start buttons in the bottom left. I keep a Pocket Casts widget and a weather app widget on the desktop.

The wallpaper is one of the ones that comes with Nova Prime. It has sort of a groovy 1970's vibe to it.

myscreen.39.png

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
426f2e0250129621ab8636434e816784.jpg

I just keep coming back to Nova. Love the ability to change icon size to further enjoy the wallpaper.

I did use awesome icons to change the icons on Google now launcher but don't like that I can't change the grid or icon size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08