Dear Google, has the rest of the world offended you in some way?

Joene

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
it is always the same with those US-based companies: the world = hongkong, singapoore, us and uk. Let the rest of the world go to hell. Example 1: Palm, Inc. Example 2: Google. The USA have streetview in maps and free turn-by-turn directions. USA have the nexus. Europe has, let's see, none of those! Seriously, if I were to call my company a multi-national, wouldn't it be natural for me to provide the same service at the same time in all the (developed) countries my company would be represented? [sorry if I messed up the syntax, not a native speaker].

By the time the devices hit the European market, they are no longer state of the art (see palm Pre). So we always get old technology for higher prices (for example iphone 3GS unlocked in Belgium = 675 euro, 855 dollar. American companies love the high value of the Euro because they always have a 1dollar = 1 euro price conversion policy).

I'm sick of it...:mad:

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
We get that here in the US at times as well. Case in point, the HTC HD 2. It was in other places what almost a year ago and it still has not been released here. It happens, life goes on.

R

Roy Aguilera

My buddies have N1's. I have a Droid that is still waiting on 2.1.:(

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
My buddies have N1's. I have a Droid that is still waiting on 2.1.:(

Yeah.. that's the real pita.. we get the droid while being promised flash and 2.1 SOON then months later the nexus comes out with 2.1 and already is being updated. Droids still chillin with 2.01 ... got every one excited with the .01 part which did nothing.. ooohhh new lock screen!! WOW!!!

lordkian

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.. that's the real pita.. we get the droid while being promised flash and 2.1 SOON then months later the nexus comes out with 2.1 and already is being updated. Droids still chillin with 2.01 ... got every one excited with the .01 part which did nothing.. ooohhh new lock screen!! WOW!!!

Ei. at least your on the 2.0 heaven. When will my goddess [eris] get there?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ei. at least your on the 2.0 heaven. When will my goddess [eris] get there?

if it makes you feel better, unlocked iphones go for more than $855, and Europe has nicer cars. Honestly, most people can't think of ?$100k American car. Definitely not one worth that kind of pricetag. Europe just has much more luxurious eye-candy on wheels.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I think this has to do with general mass market. In the US cellular phones and very much in demand, and they have to continue to compete with each other in order to keep people paying over the top prices on a cell phone that will be outdated within a few months..

Well it's just my take, I could be wrong but it's just my thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos