Google should do an ad against KGB

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how many people saw the KGB Ad but they have one guy text KGB and one guy surf the web for the Japanese translation of "I surrender." Of course the KGB guy wins, but in reality?

In less than 10 seconds I was able to get the answer with these steps:

1. Open the web browser
2. Go to translate.google.com
3. Type I surrender, choose English to Japanese and romanization

And it prints:
私は降伏
watashi wa gōbuku

There's NO WAY KGB could receive a text, look up the answer and send back a text in that amount of time. And it's free on google. Great advertisement for google.

gardobus

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There is also a DexKnows commercial where a woman needs info on a store and it shows a guy in a suit that is OBVIOUSLY meant to be Google. He's like "I have a million results for you, I can show you images of the store" or something along those lines and the DexKnows guy says something like "Ummm I can tell you all the stores in the area and which ones are open on sundays and if they take Visa" or whatever.

That's all from my bad memory but it was pretty much saying that DexKnows is better than Google.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how many people saw the KGB Ad but they have one guy text KGB and one guy surf the web for the Japanese translation of "I surrender." Of course the KGB guy wins, but in reality?

In less than 10 seconds I was able to get the answer with these steps:

1. Open the web browser
2. Go to translate.google.com
3. Type I surrender, choose English to Japanese and romanization

And it prints:
私は降伏
watashi wa gōbuku

There's NO WAY KGB could receive a text, look up the answer and send back a text in that amount of time. And it's free on google. Great advertisement for google.

I liked it, cause the guy with the Palm Pre gets his ass kicked!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought that Google's ad was perfect. I really doubt that they need to worry all that much about answering competitors' ads.