Ever take a phone out of a case only to find the phone now looks worse for wear than the case does? Ever open up a case to see a phone that looks like it took a sandblaster to the back? We want to hear from you!

What's your phone case horror story? Not to be confused with your phone drop horror stories; we want to hear about the times when your phone didn't need protecting from the world, it needed protecting from its case, the very thing you bought and used to shield it from the bumps, bangs, and bloody brutality of the world! White phones stained black and blue, pristine metal scrapped and speckled...

AC Members - Share your phone case horror stories!-img_20141125_092941884.jpgAC Members - Share your phone case horror stories!-img_20160324_170147.jpg

Share your horror stories with us, and some of your stories might appear in an Android Central blog post later this week!
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    06-20-2016 11:13 AM
    Only case horror story I have is that I put my brand new Samsung S7 Edge (a month old) in a case, but somehow managed to drop it during that process, leaving the backside cracked.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2016 12:20 PM
    I use a flexible plastic rear cover and no damage has been caused to my phone.
    06-20-2016 12:28 PM
    Only case horror story I have is that I put my brand new Samsung S7 Edge (a month old) in a case, but somehow managed to drop it during that process, leaving the backside cracked.
    Thats is exactly how I shattered the front screen, I was putting on the case and it slipped, boom.
    06-20-2016 12:46 PM
    Common for me working in the construction trades.
    Since we moved away from Nextel's back in the beginning of the century.
    Started with iPhones, then Samsung, now a G4.

I put on a case to protect from falls and scrapes, but sand, grit and sawdust always get inside.
    Glass phones suck.
    At least with my old S3 and Note4 new backs were cheap and easy.
    Now I have Slickwraps and a clear PC/TPU case so the phone can't get scratched and I can see debris before it spends a week trying to destroy it.

Check out Slickwraps if you have problems with staining or scratches.
    Infinite looks (mine is ebony right now) and it comes right off with a hair dryer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2016 10:27 PM
    Though I have no photographic evidence, my beloved white BlackBerry Bold 9780 was my favourite phone ever. I got a nice red skin for it. One day, I took the case off to do something...

And the back was pink.

Yes, a light pink, and it wasn't super rampant, but still pink.

Upsetting, to say the least.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2016 11:03 PM
    Though I have no photographic evidence, my beloved white BlackBerry Bold 9780 was my favourite phone ever. I got a nice red skin for it. One day, I took the case off to do something...

And the back was pink.

Yes, a light pink, and it wasn't super rampant, but still pink.

Upsetting, to say the least.

PIIIIIINNNNKKK! But yeah, I've had phones dyed before ever so lightly.
    Morty2264 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2016 12:01 AM
    PIIIIIINNNNKKK! But yeah, I've had phones dyed before ever so lightly.
    Isn't it terrible?! And I LOVE white phones, I think they're so gorgeous, but ever since then I hesitate to buy a white device.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2016 10:09 AM
    I've been lucky I guess. My last phone had a Supcase II and my current has a Unicorn Beetle case. The worst I've had is excess gunk build up along the edges, where the front lips meet the screen. So every once in a while I'll remove the case, wipe down the screen, then put it on again.
    06-22-2016 01:30 PM
    Now that I think about it, this is probably a good reason I've had no scratching issues, at least with the UB case. It has this almost felt like patch that rests against the back of the phone, which may help prevent dirt scratching.
    Attached Thumbnails AC Members - Share your phone case horror stories!-1466616728374.jpg  
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-22-2016 01:33 PM
    My new galaxy s7 had the screen scratched by the s view case. Dust go inside the screen and the plastic window rubs against it and there you go. The screen scratched on the first day with an original case.
    07-29-2016 06:44 PM
    I was somewhat fortunate with a former Xperia Z1s.
    When I bought the phone I layed a tempered one on the front and a plastic one on the back.

With a cover on the phone the crap almost ground the back cover into oblivion.
    So glad that piece of polycarb was on there.
    Worth every penny!

I so recommend a protector on any glass back device.
    09-24-2016 12:30 AM
    Did a "mic drop" with a Galaxy S7 from about 6" onto a notebook and the screen got a hairline crack! so freaking stupid, it was dropped on the back side on the case and the impact dissipation was on vacation! I think had it been naked it would have survived just fine.

It happened with this caseology case https://amzn.com/B019PBJC58
    10-05-2016 10:30 AM
    A good reason why I never use a case... and my last 2 phones, maybe a minor scratch but, almost mint after a year or so...
    01-18-2017 05:54 PM
    I never use a cases. Phone without a case looks better, it is smaller.
    Yes, it will have some scratches, so what?
    04-17-2017 11:50 PM